This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know how it's meant to be possible to summon forth a mighty demon?

#1RetrotasticPosted 5/27/2011 2:39:03 AM(edited)
Could you summon forth an angel of the Lord instead? I suppose an angel wouldn't be offering you great power for a price or anything much at all but I'm sure they could answer some interesting questions. Or would I be right to assume that angels would stay put and be unsummonable without Gods permission? I know they may not actually exist but this is hypothetical.

It's worth noting that in ancient Greece daemons were essentially good spirits and more akin to spirit guides but Christians literally demonised them. And angels back in the days of the Persian Empire and the Babylonians were essentially powerful guardian monsters that would tear you limb from limb. So there has been a bit of a role reversal there.
#2DagorhaPosted 5/27/2011 9:53:58 AM
I think i'd like to see a Throne in person
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3the final bahamutPosted 5/27/2011 9:59:02 AM
It's worth noting that in ancient Greece daemons were essentially good spirits and more akin to spirit guides but Christians literally demonised them. And angels back in the days of the Persian Empire and the Babylonians were essentially powerful guardian monsters that would tear you limb from limb. So there has been a bit of a role reversal there.

Basically... you're completely dead wrong. There's a glimmer of fact in there, but it's wrong. I'd go into more detail but I don't have the time right now. Suffice to say that you should read more up on Daemons in ancient Greece, monsters in ancient Greece, Angelology, demonology in medieval Europe including the sort of Jewish mysticism that was hugely popular at the time, the story of Enoch and Babylonian lore. You'll probably have a lot of fun with that too, as its interesting readin'.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#4Retrotastic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2011 6:49:29 AM
you're completely dead wrong

In your opinion?
#5CIA911Posted 5/28/2011 10:54:23 AM(edited)
And...where exactly does it say people nowadays can summon forth a mighty demon ? Unless you mean like on a Ouija board or something.

---
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.
#6ElderMisanthropyPosted 5/28/2011 11:38:12 AM
CIA911 posted...
And...where exactly does it say people nowadays can summon forth a mighty demon ? Unless you mean like on a Ouija board or something.

Right next to where it says there will be a rapture on May 21.
---
Well, listen. You're a creature of the night, you don't need to worry about phonics.
#7CIA911Posted 5/28/2011 12:12:35 PM
Right next to where it says there will be a rapture on May 21.

Ok so it's in the Bible somewhere then. Where at ?
---
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.
#8ElderMisanthropyPosted 5/28/2011 1:55:43 PM
http://www.calendardate.com/todays.htm
---
You're gonna eat my butt until your stomach is full of butt. Full of my butt, and full of Mac's butt
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4541/em5xp7qc.jpg
#9CIA911Posted 5/28/2011 1:57:15 PM
http://www.calendardate.com/todays.htm

When were we ever not going to be here on this date ? Maybe if today was October 28th then I'd understand where you are coming from.
---
#10ElderMisanthropyPosted 5/28/2011 2:03:35 PM(edited)
CIA911 posted...

Maybe if today was October 28th then I'd understand where you are coming from.

Whoops, completely forgot about this part. I mean, Camping and his idiot followers have only been wrong twice so far. Third time's a charm.
---
Well, listen. You're a creature of the night, you don't need to worry about phonics.