This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright

#1Kaj_KetosPosted 5/27/2011 11:42:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggwu5sWU0Mo&feature=related

NOTE: This is very hard to watch. I can give a summary:

Wright - There is no evidence for evolution.

Dawkins - There is, go to museums and find concrete objective evidence of intermediary species of human. DNA attests to the theory of natural selection. The fossils record reveals a family tree of species.

Wright - But there is no evidence.

Dawkins - Are you even listening to what I'm saying?
---
Fan of the Padres and Chargers
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy
#2arian487Posted 5/27/2011 11:46:39 AM
Yea I seen this a long time ago, and was dumbfounded at how Wendy kept ignoring what he was saying and then smiling like nothing was up.
---
x - (x^3 / 3!) + (x^5 / 5!) - (x^7 / 7!) + ... = sinx
4(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + ...) = PI
#3DagorhaPosted 5/27/2011 11:53:32 AM
This is just sad and i don't even like Dawkins that much. I'm only at about half way through

Dawkins: Look at the evidence

Wendy: There is no evidence

Dawkins: It is in the museum

Wendy: Let's talk about something irrelevant. Darwin had an agenda </insert logic fallacy here>

Dawkins: Yes, Darwin had some issues but that doesn't mean that his theory was wrong just because he was a product of his times.

Wendy: There is no evidence

Me: *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#4OrangeWizardPosted 5/27/2011 12:03:02 PM
Why don't evolutionists cart around their evidence with them, instead of telling everyone to "go read a book" or "go to a museum"?

That doesn't work when theists do it, does it? "Go read the bible" or "Go observe nature and all it's wonders", or even the same "go to a museum?"
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5aywwsd87Posted 5/27/2011 12:16:47 PM
Why don't evolutionists cart around their evidence with them, instead of telling everyone to "go read a book" or "go to a museum"?

cuz they are sane and logical.
#6NsM ComatosisPosted 5/27/2011 12:18:38 PM
I carry fossils of intermediate species in my pocket for just this purpose.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#7Heineken14Posted 5/27/2011 12:23:44 PM

"I got a fossil in my pocket." is coincidentally the single most effective way of bedding an atheist chick.
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#8squareandrarePosted 5/27/2011 12:31:58 PM
It's so annoying how she continues to complain that creationists aren't given respect and how scientists use "ad hominid" (sic) attacks. She's basically saying, "Don't treat us like we're stupid, and assuming we haven't looked at the evidence is treating us like we're stupid." The problem is that she is stupid, and she hasn't looked at the evidence.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#9NsM ComatosisPosted 5/27/2011 12:43:09 PM
Heineken14 posted...
"I got a fossil in my pocket." is coincidentally the single most effective way of bedding an atheist chick.

Panties start dropping the second I show 'em my gangiguana.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#10Kaj_Ketos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2011 1:06:24 PM
.Why don't evolutionists cart around their evidence with them, instead of telling everyone to "go read a book" or "go to a museum"?

Yeah, why doesn't he carry around $100,000 fossils, an electron microscope and ~100 slides of fragile and extremely expensive fossilized DNA?

Hell, even then, Wright would ask for the evidence.
---
Fan of the Padres and Chargers
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy