This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I thought my friend was seriously fixing to fight me over this.

#1XnoePosted 5/28/2011 12:36:11 PM
I read somewhere (cant remeber where) that Jesus was suprisingly tall for the time period, being around 6 foot or so, and my friend was like "WHA..BUT..NO!! HE WAS AN AVERAGE MAN"

I was like "dude calm down"

I mean I consider myself Christian but if jesus was taller then most people back then its not going to shake the very foundations of my faith.
#2countzanderPosted 5/28/2011 1:00:39 PM
I think he looked like a average person. The Isaiah said if you saw him, you wouldn't look twice.
#3AllCityKing98Posted 5/28/2011 3:34:10 PM(edited)
Debating Semantics of a character very poorly documented and likely affected by a multitude of local religious myths of the times seems pointless to me...but as the above poster said that Jesus was described as an average man. From my limited understanding of history average back then was certainly not 6 feet. Your friend is likely wrong.

And I'm pretty sure Jesus was against physical violence. Like positive lol. Tell your friend to relax. I mean I get mad when I argue with people but I would never hit anyone lolz.
---
I believe man made God out of ignorance and fear. If God made man then why the hell would he put us here?
#4FoxTheSwiftPosted 5/28/2011 7:47:26 PM
"fixing to"?
#5LinkFanaticPosted 5/28/2011 7:51:44 PM
FoxTheSwift posted...
"fixing to"?

I believe TC is Texan. Believe it or not, "fixing" in place of "about"' is rather commonplace across the deep south. I'm in Louisiana, myself.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#6Hustle KongPosted 5/28/2011 7:52:58 PM
Fixing means "preparing", in this case.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#7LinkFanaticPosted 5/28/2011 7:56:28 PM
I try not to use it though, as I really don't like butchering the English language.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#82ndSamuraiPosted 5/29/2011 6:26:45 AM
The Kabbalah gives very cool descriptions about some characters. For example, Moses was like 15 cubits (a cubit is like a foot and a half).
---
SSBB: 3609 0740 5203 SMASH
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/jew-jitsu-demotivational-poster.jpg
#9Chaos ScadePosted 5/29/2011 7:01:43 AM
2ndSamurai posted...
The Kabbalah gives very cool descriptions about some characters. For example, Moses was like 15 cubits (a cubit is like a foot and a half).

Bull****.
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#10OrangeWizardPosted 5/29/2011 7:06:00 AM
FoxTheSwift posted...
"fixing to"?

It should actually be "fixin' ta"
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops