This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your resposne to each of these points?

#1Aperture_ShadoPosted 5/28/2011 11:52:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zexcwYqFJUs

Watch this and the beginning of part 2. Just curious if you guys have atheist arguments in response to Shock's general points for Christian theism.
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#2thaer_dudePosted 5/28/2011 12:06:45 PM
I can't seem to be able to muster up a resposne, sorry.
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#3sthaterPosted 5/28/2011 12:15:56 PM
I thought the last time we established that nobody liked the videos and you just closed the topic. So why again? :|
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#4Reinbach_IIIPosted 5/28/2011 12:16:39 PM
My resposnes to your points are as follows;
1: No, telling us to watch more than one of that guy's videos is on a par with telling us to go **** ourselves.
2: If that's the case, then you'd better just the post the things you think are worth responding to here.
---
I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein. - George W. Bush
#5NsM ComatosisPosted 5/28/2011 12:32:57 PM(edited)
You know, you could simply be not lazy and summarize what the guy is saying. Funny that whenever you post a shockofgod video, you tell us to watch the whole thing before commenting, but when you post an atheist's video, you waste no time telling us what to think about it before we even had a chance to watch the vid.

Anyway, I watched the first vid, and two things stand out:

1. This nonsense argument is WLC's bread and butter, so we might as well listen to him instead, considering he's more eloquent and educated on the subject. Even the terminology this guy uses leads me to think he's just plagiarizing WLC's debates.
2. Tied to the above, it really IS a nonsense argument. All you have to do is google "cosmological argument refutations."

EDIT: Yet more fail bringing up the false fine-tuning argument.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#6Aperture_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2011 12:26:19 PM
I thought the last time we established that nobody liked the videos and you just closed the topic. So why again? :|

I decided that I'm only going to post videos if I find something significant about them. Like this one. So do you have any response to his arguments?
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#7sthaterPosted 5/28/2011 12:33:30 PM

From: Aperture_Shado | Posted: 5/28/2011 12:26:19 PM | #006

I decided that I'm only going to post videos if I find something significant about them. Like this one. So do you have any response to his arguments?

Not really an option for me atm. And even if it was I can think of plenty of better ways to waste bandwidth.
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#8thaer_dudePosted 5/28/2011 12:37:04 PM
Aperture_Shado posted...

Tell me which ones he used, and I shall give a response to them. Cosmological, fine-tuning, what else?
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#9OzymandiasIVPosted 5/28/2011 12:37:07 PM
And Shado just ignored everyone telling him to write down the things he wants us to respond to. Does he never learn that very few people are actually willing to watch these videos?
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#10NsM ComatosisPosted 5/28/2011 12:41:52 PM
I watched the video just now. And yeah, he's basically plagiarizing WLC.

1. Cosmological argument.
2. Teleological argument
3. The usual "we have no objective basis for morality on atheism, but we do on Christian theism."
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter