This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shouldn't Christians be happy that they are persecuted?

#11BashyMcFetusPosted 5/31/2011 7:19:59 PM
http://imbleedingprofusely.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/oppressedchristiansfk3.gif
---
Oo_oO ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL... of your sig. Generation 1.
Copy Harbinger into your sig, and add 1 to the generation.
#12Enforcer Of The WordPosted 5/31/2011 9:35:22 PM
I don't rejoice in persecution, but the Bible does say to expect it. While now it may be much more mild than it was in the past, and it may not happen nearly as often, most Christians, at some point, will probably face some situation of persecution, at some point in their lives. If you believe in the end times (as I do) you do know that believers will be heavily persecuted, even killed, for their beliefs in those days.

We shouldn't take the persecution of anyone lightly.
---
---
#13sthaterPosted 5/31/2011 9:38:46 PM
Honestly if you've lived in the U.S.(or pretty much any 1st world country for that matter) all your life as most of the people here have then you have likely never faced persecution in your life period.
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#14JigglysaintPosted 5/31/2011 10:08:25 PM
People don't usually dare persecute me. That's the advantage of weighting almost 350 pounds. The secret is I have bad upper arm strength.
#15Faust_8Posted 6/1/2011 12:15:06 AM
Yeah I too find it hard to believe there's any persecution happening, when nearly anywhere you go is at least 70% Christian. (In the US.)

You not getting special treatment over other religious views =/= Persecution
US is gradually becoming less accepting of Christian morality =/= Persecution
Christianity isn't the Visa of the religious world =/= Persecution
Sometimes bad things happen =/= Persecution
Gas prices =/= Persecution
---
Religions tell children they might avoid hell...while science tells children they came from the stars.
#16thecrobarPosted 6/1/2011 5:45:59 PM
Do Christians actually think they're persecuted?

I've never faced persecution for being atheist, but I could never run for public office and hope to win.
---
"We are bad guys. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Monster with 21 Faces.
#17AtomicItalianPosted 6/1/2011 7:02:14 PM
I haven't read this topic yet so I don't know if this has been discussed or not yet.

However....

I for one dont feel I've ever been truly "persecuted." I've had plenty of people disagree with me, and I've had some people straight stop being my friend because of what I believe (few, truthfully, but it happened) but never anything more than that.

There are believers around the world, and not just believers in Christianity, but believers in all sorts of thigns that are tortured and killed for those beliefs.

I won't consider myself facing real persecution till I know for a fact that sticking to my faith will leave me less healthy than if I recant.
---
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 1 John 3:16
#18FoxTheSwiftPosted 6/2/2011 11:15:16 AM
AtomicItalian posted...
I haven't read this topic yet so I don't know if this has been discussed or not yet.

However....

I for one dont feel I've ever been truly "persecuted." I've had plenty of people disagree with me, and I've had some people straight stop being my friend because of what I believe (few, truthfully, but it happened) but never anything more than that.

There are believers around the world, and not just believers in Christianity, but believers in all sorts of thigns that are tortured and killed for those beliefs.

I won't consider myself facing real persecution till I know for a fact that sticking to my faith will leave me less healthy than if I recant.

Who stopped being your friend because of what you believed? Ouch. What belief was it?