This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you give up your beliefs if they were evil? Wait for it...

#11SirThinkALotPosted 6/6/2011 10:06:05 AM
How do you 'give up' your beliefs?
---
Read my blog: http://sirthinkalotsthoughts.blogspot.com/
PSN name: SirThinkALot
#12lorddrago88Posted 6/6/2011 11:44:23 AM
Considering that every belief anyone has is likely to be seen as evil by at least one person, you would have to give up all of your beliefs for nothing in return.
---
-Journeyman of the Logical Fallacies-
#13squareandrarePosted 6/6/2011 6:55:29 PM(edited)
He thought it was safe to be a racist as long as he couldn't justify his beliefs.

Mind = blown

But seriously, that doesn't make any sense. If he really was a racist, why would he not want evidence that could provide a rational basis for it? Are you saying that he is racist but doesn't want to be?

EDIT: I should have read the whole topic. This hypothetical example has sure taken a strange turn. I'm not sure how many conclusions you can draw from this supremely deranged man.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#14Enforcer Of The WordPosted 6/6/2011 10:16:11 PM
I don't think I would, on some level I feel wrong, "evil" inside if you will,a tendency toward dark humor, viewpoints, and perspectives, but I feel as if it is more of my personality, and not so much my religious beliefs. On the other hand, evil can be perceived as subjective, one Man's evil may be another Man's bright shining light of goodness.
---
---
#15GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/6/2011 10:39:38 PM
He also wears diapers when his partner's not home, because he likes baby play.

I find this offensive to the baby play community.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#16TheRealJiraiyaPosted 6/8/2011 8:20:23 AM
My Dad calls these people "Trapeze People" because they have to have a firm hand on the next bar before theyll let go of the last one.

I would be happy and have in the past admitted that I dont know on various issues. Holding to a wrong position is far more foolish than doing so.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#17Imperator420Posted 6/10/2011 2:06:14 PM
What kind of messed up mindset would you need to be a self-hating racist who practices willful ignorance because you might be correct?
---
It is unbecoming of young men to utter maxims. - Aristotle