This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why did Mara and his 3 daughters appear to Buddha when he was meditating?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. why did Mara and his 3 daughters appear to Buddha when he was meditating?
4 years ago#1
Why didn't he appear to Buddha or other monks when they were meditating?
4 years ago#2
Because Siddhartha was just on the verge of enlightenment. It was the last desperate attempt to keep him from becoming a Buddha. Mara was the final boss, so to speak.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
4 years ago#3
TFB hit it on the head
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
4 years ago#4
Your question in the post contradicts your title question. Anyway, the daughters were incredibly hot and tried to seduce the Buddha. Mara was a demon and tried to scare and kill the Buddha.
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
4 years ago#5
They appear to every person trying to achieve nirvana in some form of another.
---
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez
4 years ago#6
All I have to do to get an orgy is make an attempt at nirvana?
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
4 years ago#7
All I have to do to get an orgy is make an attempt at nirvana?

If you're on the verge of Nirvana, I don't think you got there by looking for an orgy. If you want an orgy that bad, go hire three hookers.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
4 years ago#8
Have you ever smelled a hooker? I don't want to again.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. why did Mara and his 3 daughters appear to Buddha when he was meditating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived