This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did God make me?

#91Slade867Posted 6/17/2011 7:49:52 PM
You believe the bad people simply blink out of existance?
---
We try Lord. We try to keep our heads up in bad times. This is a bad time.
Show us the way. And if you can't show us the way...then forgive us for being lost.
#92Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 7:59:38 PM
What ? I said Jesus paid for some of our sins. We cannot know for sure who they are. Not everyone who is murdered will just go to heaven right away if they were not saved.

So...some people are already saved, some are not?

Calvinist?

But you wouldn't have been alive yet. Besides, even in life there's anmnesia and other types of memory loss. The most you can say is you don't remember asking for life. You can't say for sure that you never did.

Exactly, I wouldn't have been ALIVE yet. I certainly can not agree to something without being alive. And are you saying that sometime between birth and now, every single person suffered amnesia which is why they don't remember asking god for life?

What I can say is that I, as I exist now, never asked.

If souls are eternal, and God is eternal, then it's possible both always existed. Nobody knows for sure one way or the other.

Doesn't it say something in the bible about god creating everything? Which would include souls.

After suicide? I suppose you could, but I would expect you'd be more likely to actually get the former than the latter.

Well the big guy is supposedly pretty nice and forgiving, why wouldn't he let me?
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
#93CIA911Posted 6/17/2011 8:15:24 PM(edited)
You believe the bad people simply blink out of existance?

Not bad people. There is no good/bad in regards to people. We are all sinners. But yes, the ones who are not saved simply no longer exist.

Doesn't it say something in the bible about god creating everything? Which would include souls.

Yes, God created everything. God created man and gave us our souls.

So...some people are already saved, some are not?

Yes. We know this by the fact that Jacob was already chosen to be saved before he was born and Esau was not.

---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#94Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 8:31:57 PM
So, does that make you a Calvinist? What denomination are you specifically, CIA?
---
#95CIA911Posted 6/17/2011 10:16:59 PM
So, does that make you a Calvinist? What denomination are you specifically, CIA?

I don't associate myself with any particular denomination, I believe mostly in what Calvinism teaches, but not all. For instance I don't believe in an eternal torment or "hell" when you die, if you are unsaved, which I believe Calvinists do if I'm not mistaken. There is no one religion that has everything right so I can't sya I belong to anyone specifically. More that I believe in the things that each religion teaches that are biblical.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#96Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2011 1:01:30 PM
Hmm, makes sense I suppose.
---
#97KarsUltimatePosted 6/18/2011 1:18:00 PM
Was there a reason? People go to Hell for this stuff.

Personally I don't think I've never known anyone to explicitly say anything on the matter, even that we were created for no reason whatsoever. I suppose it would all be revealed in the end, but still. Just another thing to ponder along with God always having existed (God was there even before that, even before that, etc).

I think about evolution sometimes, too. What's it all for. LOL. I can't help but think about "spiral energy" and crap from the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Time Machine by H.G. Wells (and Man of the Year Million), maybe other such stuff, and where it's really leading. Ever since I read that book it's intrigued me.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/15yfy1v.jpg
Ring the Funeral Bells at Dawn