This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mormons support legalizing illegal aliens

#1TheOlJollyRogerPosted 6/16/2011 1:02:56 AM
http://www.mormonperspectives.com/2011/06/12/mormon-leaders-push-to-legalize-undocumented-immigrants/

Thoughts?
---
There is something really Piratey about watching streaming movies while riding some noobs wifi.
#2AgingknightPosted 6/16/2011 2:52:04 AM
The Mormon Church’s statement emphasizes the need to treat everyone as children of God.

That's just foolish. Treat everyone as "children of God"? They're here illegally. Would you wanna treat someone that has broken into your house as a child of God? No. I for one would likely shoot them, or at least take a bat to their head. I don't care what reason aliens have for coming here, even its for a better life, or whatever. They're taking far too much from this country, and its not just jobs. (And don't even say they're just doing jobs no American would do anyway, that's foolish as well.)

If Mormons wanna treat them as children of God, they can go to the aliens' own country doing mission trips to make it so they'll have no need to come to America. There's a correct way to deal with them, but just letting them in our country illegally, when we're already hurting enough is not the answer.

I have some more points, but I'm not sure how to put them, nor do I have the time atm.
#3TheOlJollyRoger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 3:15:01 AM
Treat everyone as children of God.

Unless your gay.
---
There is something really Piratey about watching streaming movies while riding some noobs wifi.
#4OnceInALifeTimePosted 6/16/2011 3:43:44 AM
Agingknight, I think the point of an amnesty is to bring those already illegal in a country into the tax system, into the healthcare system, and into the legal jobs system, which can help solve a lot of problems inherent with illegal immigration.
---
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake
#5FoxTheSwiftPosted 6/16/2011 6:42:25 AM
For once, I actually agree with Mormons. *Hell Freezes Over*.

Good on them for this.
#6FelixTrapperPosted 6/16/2011 7:09:53 AM
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints discourages its members from entering any country without legal documentation, and from deliberately overstaying legal travel visas."

"The Church supports an approach where undocumented immigrants are allowed to square themselves with the law and continue to work without this necessarily leading to citizenship. "

Sounds a lot like what I've always believed myself. It's spilled milk at this point--the illegals are here, and there are millions of them. Mass expulsion is not very realistic. What is realistic is finding a compromise for those here, and ensuring that no more come illegally by reforming the laws and security about the border.
---
Slowly recreating Final Fantasy 6 into 3D, one block at a time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#7X__JapanPosted 6/16/2011 8:00:29 AM
Personally I think it's just a ploy to win over the hearts of undocumented workers and Mexicans in general for conversion rates. With so many members going inactive and tithing slipping, they need to try new methods, and this is an excellent business strategy. People would be more open minded to the church that fought on their behalf. I can just see it: "We understand why you came here-- you wanted the opportunity to benefit your family. You're willing to work hard, long days just to benefit your family. We think families should come first too, and we believe that families can be together forever. Would you like to learn how families can be together forever?"
#8shockwavepulsarjimPosted 6/16/2011 8:26:53 AM(edited)
They're here illegally. Would you wanna treat someone that has broken into your house as a child of God? No. I for one would likely shoot them, or at least take a bat to their head. I don't care what reason aliens have for coming here, even its for a better life, or whatever. They're taking far too much from this country, and its not just jobs. (And don't even say they're just doing jobs no American would do anyway, that's foolish as well.)

Very classy.

Edit: you should read this http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Immigration

---
bibere humanum est, ergo bibamus
#9JohnnyTHM1212Posted 6/16/2011 8:32:08 AM
Their conservative ideology is certainly odd, I'll give them that.
---
<body><div id="JohnnyTHM1212"><h1>Oh hai gamefaqs</h1></div></body>
#10Giacomo_HawkinsPosted 6/16/2011 9:18:31 AM
Good for them. I hope the message spreads.
---
Will the little voice in the back of my mind screaming "This is a bad idea" please yield the floor. --Mikey
Chivalry be hanged, and so will you.