This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mormons support legalizing illegal aliens

#21OrangeWizardPosted 6/16/2011 4:43:47 PM
Wu_Zonghai posted...

How very Christ like of you.

Christ wouldn't let thieves and robbers into his father's house.

They weren't literally thieving and robbing.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#22WalrusGrandmaPosted 6/16/2011 5:56:04 PM
Christ wouldn't let thieves and robbers into his father's house.

Actually he probably would, and would talk to them about their impulses, treating them with compassion and understanding.

But such a thing is against modern Christianity, so carry on.
#23Wu_ZonghaiPosted 6/17/2011 2:01:56 AM

He let the Thief on the cross in. Also, what exactly are these people stealing? Piss-ant jobs for below minimum wage pay that no citizen would take?

You know what I mean -.-
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.
#24Imperator420Posted 6/17/2011 7:03:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Imperator420Posted 6/17/2011 7:07:26 AM
Where do you live? I am now going to live in your house, in your room in fact because I have a right to live where I want.

False dichotomy; there's a middle ground between "not letting anyone move into my neighborhood because my ancestors stole this land fair and square, and I'll be damned before I live next to Mexicans" and "letting people break and enter into my house." Unless you want to claim sole ownership of the entire United States, in which case you should hurry up and claim your throne because I haven't seen your face on coins yet. You might want to ease up on the general idiocy/xenophobia for P.R. reasons, though.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#26king_gimpyPosted 6/17/2011 7:38:38 AM
Wu_Zonghai posted...

He let the Thief on the cross in. Also, what exactly are these people stealing? Piss-ant jobs for below minimum wage pay that no citizen would take?

You know what I mean -.-

No I don't. It sounds like you're trying to justify a very unchristlike stance by claiming he would hold it, and I don't get that at all.

If anything Jesus would tell you to help immigrants and to assist them in coming here since they are less fortunate.

But I forgot, you and a lot of other Christians don't really let a pesky thing like what Jesus would do get in the way of your views.

I mean, "What would Jesus Do," is just for wristbands, right?
---
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.
#27KarsUltimatePosted 6/18/2011 3:36:01 PM
Another thing they're stealing is our resources. Such as oxygen. That's the real kicker.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/15yfy1v.jpg
Ring the Funeral Bells at Dawn
#28NsM ComatosisPosted 6/18/2011 5:11:17 PM
Agingknight posted...
The Mormon Church’s statement emphasizes the need to treat everyone as children of God.

That's just foolish. Treat everyone as "children of God"? They're here illegally. Would you wanna treat someone that has broken into your house as a child of God? No. I for one would likely shoot them, or at least take a bat to their head. I don't care what reason aliens have for coming here, even its for a better life, or whatever. They're taking far too much from this country, and its not just jobs. (And don't even say they're just doing jobs no American would do anyway, that's foolish as well.)

If Mormons wanna treat them as children of God, they can go to the aliens' own country doing mission trips to make it so they'll have no need to come to America. There's a correct way to deal with them, but just letting them in our country illegally, when we're already hurting enough is not the answer.

I have some more points, but I'm not sure how to put them, nor do I have the time atm.

Native Americans say hi.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#29NoTitleRequiredPosted 6/21/2011 5:40:45 PM
Agingknight posted...
That's just foolish. Treat everyone as "children of God"? They're here illegally. Would you wanna treat someone that has broken into your house as a child of God? No. I for one would likely shoot them, or at least take a bat to their head.

hahahahahahahaha holy ****! is dis real
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg