This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rational thought, the true enemy of religion

#1diabetorPosted 6/16/2011 7:18:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Dzt_Tp5VE
#2Hustle KongPosted 6/16/2011 9:00:19 AM
Yours is a terrible, and false topic title.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#3ledzepfan15Posted 6/16/2011 9:03:21 AM
I prefer Atheist Experience, AronRa, and Thunderf00t.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#4hero boyPosted 6/16/2011 9:07:38 AM
Theoretical Bull**** is another great channel.
---
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw
#5ledzepfan15Posted 6/16/2011 9:12:38 AM
Theoretical Bull**** is another great channel.

I swear I thought you were mocking me before I looked it up.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#6RetrotasticPosted 6/16/2011 9:31:12 AM(edited)
From what I know that chalk figure was made in the 17th century during the English civil war to make some sort of political statement, so it's fairly new. Some chalk figures go back thousands of years.

The video makes a good case for secularism but to say that all moderate believers are enablers of fanatics is stretching it a bit far, that's not really how it works.
#7diabetor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 1:06:18 PM
Retrotastic posted...
From what I know that chalk figure was made in the 17th century during the English civil war to make some sort of political statement, so it's fairly new. Some chalk figures go back thousands of years.

The video makes a good case for secularism but to say that all moderate believers are enablers of fanatics is stretching it a bit far, that's not really how it works.

THAT is how it works. No one would tolerate "moderate Nazis" or a "moderate Al Qaeda"...
#8AtomicItalianPosted 6/16/2011 5:23:04 PM
diabetor posted...
Retrotastic posted...

THAT is how it works. No one would tolerate "moderate Nazis" or a "moderate Al Qaeda"...

I really hope you're not comparing Nazis and Al Qaeda to devout believers in Christianity or Judaism.
---
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 1 John 3:16
#9AceAwesome96Posted 6/16/2011 5:43:12 PM
diabetor posted...
Retrotastic posted...

Great here we go...
---
Official Ace_Awesome and Trucy Enigmar of the Layton Kyouyju vs Gyakuton Saiban Boards.
#10mgtonvac55Posted 6/16/2011 5:55:36 PM(edited)

I really hope you're not comparing Nazis and Al Qaeda to devout believers in Christianity or Judaism.

Why can't he compare fanatical Muslims to fanatical Christians or Jews?

Also, the Nazis were indeed fanatics and most of them were Christians, I think. Many of the things they were doing were based on religious reasons. Even if Hitler wasn't a Christian, his soldiers were and he motivated them with their religion. The point is, they were a fanatic group and they were motivated by religion, among other things.

(Oh boy, the words 'Nazi', 'Hitler', and 'Jew' in the same post is gonna make the mods all excited.)
---
NYY 39-28