This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens to a murderer when they die? If they believed they were right?

#1Stover46Posted 6/16/2011 8:35:54 PM
The murderers who think they're doing it for a just cause, do they still get condemned in the after life?
---
http://i.imgur.com/JHtqk.jpg
#2AgingknightPosted 6/16/2011 8:38:38 PM
Do you think anyone here knows?
#3Stover46(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 8:55:47 PM

Do you think anyone here knows?

Nobody knows if God is even real, and there are still discussions
It's the whole point of the board, to discuss what you think.

tldr; stop being rude for no reason.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JHtqk.jpg
#4aywwsd87Posted 6/16/2011 9:18:47 PM
nothing happens...

life isn't precious...
#5LinkFanaticPosted 6/16/2011 9:43:03 PM
aywwsd87 posted...
life isn't precious...

I beg to differ, and I'm an atheist.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#6aywwsd87Posted 6/16/2011 10:22:39 PM
I beg to differ, and I'm an atheist.

life is not precious. human nature (just like most other carnivorous species) is inherently violent.

we are born to compete with each other, our society is only "harmonious" because there is enough goods to go around. if resources are limited, we wouldn't hesitate to kill each other.
#7LinkFanaticPosted 6/16/2011 10:34:43 PM
aywwsd87 posted...
life is not precious.

Subjectively, it can be. And for me, is.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#8GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/16/2011 11:48:26 PM
life is not precious. human nature (just like most other carnivorous species) is inherently violent.

Violence somehow invalidates value? I like violence. It makes life more precious to me. l2subjective.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#9ledzepfan15Posted 6/17/2011 7:09:52 AM
Look at this in a different perspective. It takes some luck for your zygote to successfully grow into what you are today. There are more factors working against you than for you in terms of embryonic development. Then you consider how earth is the only planet that has the best sustainability for life, and even then we are still in trouble.

So, I think the better word to use is "delicate."

we are born to compete with each other, our society is only "harmonious" because there is enough goods to go around. if resources are limited, we wouldn't hesitate to kill each other.
No, there are still not enough goods to go around. I don't want to go all "economics" on you, but we still live with scarcity. Resources are very limited. Economics was created for the purpose of dealing with this scarcity.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#10Imperator420Posted 6/17/2011 8:08:27 AM
The worms dig into their brains.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7