This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens to a murderer when they die? If they believed they were right?

#11Imperator420Posted 6/17/2011 7:14:35 AM
No, there are still not enough goods to go around. I don't want to go all "economics" on you, but we still live with scarcity. Resources are very limited. Economics was created for the purpose of dealing with this scarcity.

This is actually Western hogwash to assuage what remains of our collective guilt. There are in fact more than enough resources to go around; we simply possess the vast majority of it. Scarcity is for those other guys.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#12ledzepfan15Posted 6/17/2011 8:05:08 AM
This is actually Western hogwash to assuage what remains of our collective guilt. There are in fact more than enough resources to go around; we simply possess the vast majority of it. Scarcity is for those other guys.

If we own the majority of something, then there aren't enough resources to go around. A "majority" has no meaning with unlimited resources. If a resource wasn't scarce, we wouldn't need a system to dictate what people consume.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#13avsfan33Posted 6/17/2011 4:08:45 PM
In general, most people who believe in an afterlife and some form of judgment believe this judgment is based on some objective criteria of good/right so that what a person believes is right/wrong isn't a factor.

If we own the majority of something, then there aren't enough resources to go around. A "majority" has no meaning with unlimited resources.

Enough to go around is not the same as unlimited. If I had 10 billion pennies, I would have enough pennies to give one to every person (enough to go around) but that wouldn't mean I have unlimited pennies.
---
Living comes much easier, once we admit, we're dying
#14ledzepfan15Posted 6/17/2011 5:33:04 PM
Enough to go around is not the same as unlimited.

I agree. I never said "enough to go around = unlimited.'

If I had 10 billion pennies, I would have enough pennies to give one to every person (enough to go around) but that wouldn't mean I have unlimited pennies.

You are right. Distributing pennies "enough to go around" means pennies are scarce.
It's because someone always wants more, is the reason why scarcity exists. It doesn't matter how abundant something is, or how greedy someone is, if demand exceeds supply.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro