This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think the christians have been worshipping the wrong god.

#1jonnybravoPosted 6/18/2011 10:59:14 AM
Something that I haven't been able to avoid thinking about lately, is the idea that the christians have been worshipping the wrong god this whole time. Seeing as they say that Satan is a trickster, wouldn't it make sense that He had pulled the wool over their eyes from the Beginning. This whole time they should have been worshipping what they thought was Satan, and rejecting who they have assumed is God.

Forgive me, I'm not a wordsmith, and this $#*! gets jumbled before I can get it out of me head. It's a nice and clean theory in the walls of my mind, just not when I try to bring it out.

All this nature related death and destruction lately got me thinking.
---
Be on the lookout for crop dusters.
---
#2OrangeWizardPosted 6/18/2011 11:38:06 AM
In the end, it doesn't matter. We worship that which we call God, as portrayed in the bible. If we're really worshiping Satan, who is still portrayed as God, nothing changes.

And if God doesn't care enough about his own name to make it known, then he isn't worth worshiping.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#3NsM ComatosisPosted 6/18/2011 11:39:43 AM
Or so he would have you think.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#4AtomicItalianPosted 6/18/2011 12:00:34 PM
but since God is all powerful, what if He's using satan's trick religion to save all the people he wants to save without satan knowing?

^ Do you see how this topic isn't really one that can be discussed with any hopes of finding a real answer? It's so speculative that there's actually nothing that can be said that isn't conjecture.
---
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 1 John 3:16
#5AllCityKing98Posted 6/18/2011 12:29:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6KarsUltimatePosted 6/18/2011 12:55:02 PM(edited)
^^He might as well have made one about how the human race / species was created for a reason. "What would God need us for" or whatever. That's the big question for me. Forget individual "purpose".

And yeah ^ I find I have no choice but to tend to go with that mindset.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/15yfy1v.jpg
Ring the Funeral Bells at Dawn
#7fudrickPosted 6/18/2011 1:00:35 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
In the end, it doesn't matter. We worship that which we call God, as portrayed in the bible. If we're really worshiping Satan, who is still portrayed as God, nothing changes.

Nothing changes, except you don't get to go to heaven like you thought and possibly could go to a hell-like place. I know you don't believe in hell but if this theory is true, you're wrong about everything else so why not that?

OrangeWizard posted...
And if God doesn't care enough about his own name to make it known, then he isn't worth worshiping.

Exactly, if god really cared about being worshiped he'd make his existence known... which he hasn't done.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#8AtomicItalianPosted 6/18/2011 1:01:52 PM
fudrick posted...

OrangeWizard posted...

Exactly, if god really cared about being worshiped he'd make his existence known... which he hasn't done.

He has plenty of times, he just hasn't done it in front of your eyes.
---
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 1 John 3:16
#9fudrickPosted 6/18/2011 1:10:43 PM
AtomicItalian posted...

Didn't you just say you were atheist in another topic?

And if this is true, how can he be a just god? Some people get direct proof that he exists, yet I have to deal with all this pesky science and logic that makes the god of the bible seem impossible. They basically get a free ride to heaven while I'd have to abandon all rational thought in order to get into heaven.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#10OrangeWizardPosted 6/18/2011 1:40:25 PM
fudrick posted...
AtomicItalian posted...

Didn't you just say you were atheist in another topic?

And if this is true, how can he be a just god? Some people get direct proof that he exists, yet I have to deal with all this pesky science and logic that makes the god of the bible seem impossible. They basically get a free ride to heaven while I'd have to abandon all rational thought in order to get into heaven.

Asking for God to appear before your eyes is like fundies asking for a crocoduck.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops