This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Earth older than the Sun?

#1mystic belmontPosted 6/19/2011 4:45:32 PM
If not, why does Genesis 1 say so?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#2the final bahamutPosted 6/19/2011 4:56:29 PM
Because it's not supposed to be literal and because it was subject to former city-dwelling slaves in the dessert having to remember it while also having their heads filled with folklore. Or because God can't work a analogy for s***. Your pick.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#3CIA911Posted 6/19/2011 5:06:34 PM
Yes. But not by much.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#4mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 5:08:26 PM

Yes. But not by much.

Is it older than all other stars?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#5CIA911Posted 6/19/2011 5:10:01 PM
Same answer.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#6Aperture_ShadoPosted 6/19/2011 5:13:06 PM
Remember how God created Adam and Eve in the Bible? Think about it. Were they made as babies, or fully grown and mature? If we looked at them as they existed, would we think they were born a few days ago or a few decades?
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#7mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 5:55:19 PM

Remember how God created Adam and Eve in the Bible? Think about it. Were they made as babies, or fully grown and mature? If we looked at them as they existed, would we think they were born a few days ago or a few decades?

I'm not seeing your point.
---
[Evil Republican]
#8KapoopPosted 6/19/2011 5:58:18 PM
I think it's pretty clear that the Earth is older than the Sun. I mean, think about the law of gravity. The Sun would have flown off into space if the Earth wasn't there for it to orbit around.</sarcasm>

---
"I say a man was caught on tape [making love to] a pinata, and you people say 'So, when does this get weird?'" - Jon Stewart
#9CIA911Posted 6/19/2011 6:27:53 PM
I think it's pretty clear that the Earth is older than the Sun. I mean, think about the law of gravity. The Sun would have flown off into space if the Earth wasn't there for it to orbit around.</sarcasm>

I know right. How on earth (no pun intended) would God ever keep the earth from flying off into space if the Sun wasn't there ? </sarcasm>
---
#10KapoopPosted 6/19/2011 6:39:34 PM
CIA911 posted...
I know right. How on earth (no pun intended) would God ever keep the earth from flying off into space if the Sun wasn't there ? </sarcasm>

Ooh, ooh, I know this one! Magic!

---
"I say a man was caught on tape [making love to] a pinata, and you people say 'So, when does this get weird?'" - Jon Stewart