This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why a nuclear physicist turned to God.

#1Aperture_ShadoPosted 6/20/2011 3:12:56 PM
http://creation.com/jim-mason-nuclear-physicist

Read this, it's really powerful stuff. For those of you who really hate Creationism you can stop reading after the words "11 chapters of Genesis".

I think some of you might find this interesting though, especially the part about the lava rocks. Basically, radiometric dating gave an age of several MILLION years to rock known to be formed in 1986 - and no, it's not "known" through another dating method, but through first-hand experience.
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#2KapoopPosted 6/20/2011 3:26:44 PM
“I have become increasingly amazed at how comprehensive and yet internally consistent the Bible and Christianity are."

Stopped treating this article seriously right there. The Bible is hardly comprehensive, and is internally inconsistent.

But there is a beautiful lesson to be learned from this: Not even a PhD will guarantee that you're right, even within your field.

---
"I say a man was caught on tape [making love to] a pinata, and you people say 'So, when does this get weird?'" - Jon Stewart
#3ledzepfan15Posted 6/20/2011 3:31:40 PM
http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/miller.html

Kenneth T. Miller, Ph.D., a Christian and evolutionist, is professor of biology in the Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry at Brown University, in Providence, RI.

Evolution is both a fact and good science. So-called “alternatives” to evolution are not scientific and lack evidence.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#4KNessJMPosted 6/20/2011 3:34:47 PM
From the website:

Without the first 11 chapters of Genesis being taken as historical narrative and plainly understood as written, the rest of the Bible and, in particular, the New Testament message of salvation, does not compute.

I completely agree.

As for the tale of the St. Helen's rocks, the lab that tested the rocks told the guy that sent them in beforehand that their testing methods were only applicable to material at least 2 million years old, yet he insisted they test it anyway. What the result indicated was the age of the bits of material in the rocks that was millions of years old, as the method was not applicable to the newer material that comprised the majority of the rocks. So it's not proof, or even evidence, that the method doesn't work, just proof that you'll get odd results if you misuse the method.
---
Quote of the Week: "All across the Milky Way, life softly fades."
#5Faust_8Posted 6/20/2011 3:47:47 PM
"That sure looks like design..."

"Evolutionists would have us believe...happened by accident"

No reason to read further. This is the exact same BS all over again.
---
"We think the future that we will find together is greater than the assumptions of our past."
#6KNessJMPosted 6/20/2011 3:51:07 PM
"Evolutionists would have us believe...happened by accident"

Isn't it annoying how this gets repeated over and over again? It's as if atheists said "Christians say that Jesus lives in Seattle, but I went to Seattle and there's no record of him being there."
---
Quote of the Week: "All across the Milky Way, life softly fades."
#7kirsybuuPosted 6/20/2011 4:30:14 PM

From: Aperture_Shado | Posted: 6/20/2011 3:12:56 PM | #001
Basically, radiometric dating gave an age of several MILLION years to rock known to be formed in 1986 - and no, it's not "known" through another dating method, but through first-hand experience.

Funny how they don't mention what kind of dating method was actually used, probably because it isn't a method that works on igneous rocks.
---
"sabe que no puede resistir mis encantos sensuales." ~ Poolshark128
#8Aperture_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 11:06:56 PM
XD

Kenneth Miller is a theistic evolutionist trying to reconcile modern science with the Bible - and failing, badly. Most people recognize that this viewpoint is more nonsensical than either Creation or Evolution, and I'm disturbed that Brown has such a man teaching Biology. I have buddies at Brown. :/
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#9KikelingyglerPosted 6/20/2011 11:41:50 PM
Statements

judged on merit

not on who said them
#10Aperture_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 12:08:35 AM
In judging the merit of a belief, you don't take the person into account?
---