This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't consider thoughts that go against Jesus - some bible study website

#1Imperator420Posted 6/21/2011 9:53:59 AM
http://www.dougbrittonbooks.com/onlinebiblestudies-temptationandovercomingsin/purelife-guardyourthoughtlife.php

A good guideline is not to allow yourself to consider or dwell on anything God would not want you to do.

If only everyone was like this guy, we wouldn't have pesky things like Christians sitting down and thinking about what they've been told.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#2Aperture_ShadoPosted 6/21/2011 10:51:28 AM
Uh, it looks like you're talking about two different things: thinking about sinful acts, and thinking about the Bible itself.
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#3DagorhaPosted 6/21/2011 11:23:24 AM
meta-fail. I think Shado is right on this one
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#4El_Rez78Posted 6/21/2011 11:54:17 AM
Im pretty sure its saying dont dwell on thinking about sin
---
It's all goooood
#5Forte89Posted 6/21/2011 1:54:59 PM
it sounds like it says not to think about anything that may be against jesus origins.
#6Imperator420(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 2:06:41 PM
"Anything God would not want you to do" is a very broad category encompassing not only disbelief but also, according to varied sources, homosexuality, intoxication, engaging in business on Sundays, etc. By refusing to consider such issues, as the author of this website recommends, one also refuses to consider whether there is justified reason to believe that any number of acts are immoral, let alone forbidden by God; employing 1984-style thought suppression in this matter is both unhelpful and damaging to the psyche.

And who, ultimately, is to rule on which interpretation of which often contradictory ancient laws are applicable in different situations? Reflecting on what sources and what authorities are reliable would involve vicariously reflecting on the allegedly sinful act itself, which the author recommends you not do. Going to such incredible lengths of willful ignorance is not only undesirable but impossible.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7