This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adolf and Religion

#1TheOlJollyRogerPosted 6/21/2011 12:01:00 PM
http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerQuotesGodReligion.htm

If you click on the sublinks it takes you to direct quotes with page numbers and source.
---
There is something really Piratey about watching streaming movies while riding some noobs wifi.
#2gamesrgreatPosted 6/21/2011 12:05:58 PM
People will say he wasn't really Christian
---
Cyclops has never beaten Wolverine
The Miami Heat
#3actarusPosted 6/21/2011 12:14:24 PM
gamesrgreat posted...
Anybody who supported Hitler wasn't really Christian.
Matthew 22:39
And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

BTW: What about the atheists Mao and Stalin?
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#4RetrotasticPosted 6/21/2011 12:15:01 PM
He believed he had some kind of divine providence or destiny to lead the German people to glory or something. He was particularly interested in obtaining sacred relics, the occult and astrology among other things.
#5gamesrgreatPosted 6/21/2011 12:20:14 PM

Anybody who supported Hitler wasn't really Christian.
Matthew 22:39
And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

If Matt 22:39 is the prerequisite for a true Christian then I've met like 3 true Christians in my entire life, and I've met thousands of Christians. Hell, I've met "true Christians" who weren't even Christian
---
Cyclops has never beaten Wolverine
The Miami Heat
#6CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 12:20:47 PM
Very unlikely Hitler became a Christian. Didn't show any signs of it and his actions would not have allowed him...or I guess I should say, him being Christian would not have allowed those actions.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#7mercuryinkPosted 6/21/2011 12:21:20 PM

Largely because, if you look at the things he said in private, he had nary a good word about Christianity. He as much as admitted to using it as a tool of control: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#8CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 12:25:28 PM(edited)
If Matt 22:39 is the prerequisite for a true Christian then I've met like 3 true Christians in my entire life, and I've met thousands of Christians. Hell, I've met "true Christians" who weren't even Christian

Probably been less than 3. You've met people who say they are "Christians" who are not Christians, but you have never met a true Christian, if in fact you have met any, who is not a Christian.

There's people on this board who say they are Christian and are not.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#9mercuryinkPosted 6/21/2011 12:27:13 PM
Yeah. I mean, Jesus said you shouldn't claim to know when the end is. Never stopped you.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#10ledzepfan15Posted 6/21/2011 12:28:24 PM
He was a confessed Christian and he truly believed he was doing God's work.

http://nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro