This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adolf and Religion

#121mercuryinkPosted 6/22/2011 11:15:31 AM
I think I’ve raised legitimate grievances with the points brought up.
Hitler was not an atheist. I’m not arguing that, so drop the spiel about propaganda and us vs. them mindsets. He equated atheism with Marx and communism, and viewed it as an enemy.
To suggest that Americans liberated secret writings about Hitler’s true religious views and then say, “History is written by the victors,” is absurd; The Soviets ”won”. Ask TGJ, and he’ll consult his girlfriend and she’ll spend hours belittling the Anglo-American war effort and telling us how her people did the heavy lifting. And she’s right. They captured the freaking capital city, where Hitler lived and did his planning. Americans would not set foot in the city itself until the battle was over (see map)

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/media_nm.php?ModuleId=10005450&MediaId=1985

To suggest that we had intelligence agents beat the Soviets (with us coming from across the Atlantic, no less) to locating and translating a hypothetical Hitler memoir just to destroy the inconvenient bits demands a bit more to back it up than, “Argument from incredulity”. It actually sounds like you have a lot more of a pro-American bias than I do. I’m actually being humble about our war effort; you attribute to it miracles.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#122FoxTheSwiftPosted 6/22/2011 11:39:26 AM
mercuryink posted...
I think I’ve raised legitimate grievances with the points brought up.
Hitler was not an atheist. I’m not arguing that, so drop the spiel about propaganda and us vs. them mindsets. He equated atheism with Marx and communism, and viewed it as an enemy.
To suggest that Americans liberated secret writings about Hitler’s true religious views and then say, “History is written by the victors,” is absurd; The Soviets ”won”. Ask TGJ, and he’ll consult his girlfriend and she’ll spend hours belittling the Anglo-American war effort and telling us how her people did the heavy lifting. And she’s right. They captured the freaking capital city, where Hitler lived and did his planning. Americans would not set foot in the city itself until the battle was over (see map)

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/media_nm.php?ModuleId=10005450&MediaId=1985

To suggest that we had intelligence agents beat the Soviets (with us coming from across the Atlantic, no less) to locating and translating a hypothetical Hitler memoir just to destroy the inconvenient bits demands a bit more to back it up than, “Argument from incredulity”. It actually sounds like you have a lot more of a pro-American bias than I do. I’m actually being humble about our war effort; you attribute to it miracles.

Comintern didn't win the war because they won the footrace to capture Berlin, they won the war because they captured Poland and kept it after the war was over. Just a minor quibble.
#123mercuryinkPosted 6/22/2011 12:05:11 PM
When I say, "won", I mean the Battle for Berlin, specifically. If anyone was going to have first pickings over the "best of Third Reich documents", it was the guys who took the capital city.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#124Wu_ZonghaiPosted 6/22/2011 1:36:28 PM
Also, just because you believe in God doesn't make you a christian.
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.
#125Ninetails82Posted 6/22/2011 2:49:42 PM
It is telling tho that the Catholic church was complacent during ww2

Whoa what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_von_Faulhaber
---
Tails82's alt. Modest nature. Likes to thrash about. Likes dry food.
Will not change this sig until I am lv. 82
#126Master CilanderPosted 6/22/2011 3:01:35 PM
Wow, mercuryink destroyed this topic.

Some of those quotes of disdain for Christianity are insurmountable, and you have to be willfully blind to ignore that in favor of obvious political bs fed to the population at large.
---
I make this look easy!
#127the final bahamutPosted 6/22/2011 3:34:29 PM
When I say, "won", I mean the Battle for Berlin, specifically. If anyone was going to have first pickings over the "best of Third Reich documents", it was the guys who took the capital city

Silly Merc. Russians speak and read Russian. How would they know what were in the documents? Obviously, our guys would know because all Germans speak accented English. Just look at all the movies!
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.