This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: CIA911, regarding your faith

#1mystic belmontPosted 6/21/2011 1:55:46 PM
You say that you aren't a Christian, right?

If you aren't, why did you follow Harold Camping?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#2shockwavepulsarjimPosted 6/21/2011 2:08:15 PM
I think you are missing his point, which was a stupid one anyway.
---
bibere humanum est, ergo bibamus
#3mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 3:38:49 PM
You say that you do not belong to any sort of organized religion, was Harold Camping's following organized, and based at least some part off of Christian teachings.

You say that you are not a Christian, so this begs the question:

- Do you read the bible, and if so is it true
- Is there a God?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#4CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 3:48:29 PM
I'll answer this in a private message.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#5mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 3:50:09 PM

I'll answer this in a private message.

Why in private? All this will do is simply raise more questions.
---
[Evil Republican]
#6bsballa09Posted 6/21/2011 4:19:09 PM
For some reason, CIA must be ashamed of being a Christian if he doesn't want to admit it, even though his beliefs clearly show he is one.
#7SuibomPosted 6/21/2011 5:07:31 PM
"If you declare with your mouth "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, 'Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.'" ~ Romans 10:9-11

"Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend. You see that people are justified by what they do and not faith alone." ~ James 2:21-24

CIA, how do you reconcile these scriptures with your beliefs? What scriptures have you used to come to the position you now hold?
---
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
#8CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 6:00:46 PM
For some reason, CIA must be ashamed of being a Christian if he doesn't want to admit it, even though his beliefs clearly show he is one.

It's not about shame...you understand that I cannot admit I'm a Christian because I'm not one...right ? Why would I care AT ALL about what people think my beliefs are ? I've made them completely open. But there's more to being a Christian than simply beliefs...which you don't have to have the correct belief when you become saved, you will simply get the right beliefs after you become saved. You could not know if I was for sure a Christian based on my beliefs alone. Someone with the Holy Spirit in them also acts a certain was as well, which you could not know unless you follow be around 24/7. I mean if I'm telling you I'm now then how in the world can you possible know ? Unless you are God. Are you God ? I can't imagine that that's possible.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#9OrangeWizardPosted 6/21/2011 6:07:53 PM
Why would I care AT ALL about what people think my beliefs are ?

Because you're answering him in a PM when he asked you a public question.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#10CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 6:12:39 PM(edited)
Because you're answering him in a PM when he asked you a public question.

Except I answered the questions he asked in the other topic I've been posting in, wide open for the world to see. I simply didn't want this to become a "Dedicated CIA911 Q & A topic."

---