This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: CIA911, regarding your faith

#31CIA911Posted 6/21/2011 10:21:00 PM
Simply believing what the Bible teaches hardly makes one a Christian by biblical standards. John 1:12 says "Yet all who received him... he gave the right to be children of God." Something must be received, namely, the Holy Spirit. Come to think of it, if all you had to do to be a Christian was believe the biblical Theology, then all those pissed theists that curse and reject God (usually because of a loss) are Christians... which would be a bit difficult to defend scripturally.

*faints
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#32Wu_ZonghaiPosted 6/21/2011 10:28:38 PM
Well...I'd be a hypocrite if I said no with how vehemently I was saying it before so...yes. The world will end on October 21st. I'll stick with this till the end.

What's so bad about being a hypocrite if you acknowledge you made an error or were deceived?
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.
#33CIA911Posted 6/22/2011 12:00:01 AM
What's so bad about being a hypocrite if you acknowledge you made an error or were deceived?

Wouldn't matter if it was bad or good. I just can't do it. Suppose October 21st really is the end and I abandon it because of some tribulation or hard time with the May 21st physical Rapture not happening. These are my beliefs, I have to endure until the end, like the Bible says. October 22nd comes, then fair enough, I made an error.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#34sthaterPosted 6/22/2011 12:03:20 AM

Wouldn't matter if it was bad or good. I just can't do it. Suppose October 21st really is the end and I abandon it because of some tribulation or hard time with the May 21st physical Rapture not happening. These are my beliefs, I have to endure until the end, like the Bible says. October 22nd comes, then fair enough, I made an error.

Will you actually admit it this time? Because you said before that you wouldn't follow along with Camping beofre if May 21st didn't pan out.
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#35CIA911Posted 6/22/2011 12:26:34 AM(edited)
Will you actually admit it this time? Because you said before that you wouldn't follow along with Camping beofre if May 21st didn't pan out.

I honestly don't know why I would have said this. I frequently said things like "I can't even answer what I'll be doing on May 22nd when the earthquakes don't hit because...blahblah", which I guess I could have answered at the time, but the only time I ever remember saying I would stop following Camping is if his final date of the End of the World came and went. Now, I'm not paying as much attention to him as I was before, and am not interested in his FamilyRadio broadcasts anymore, but I can't just simply forget about October 21st. It will always be in my mind, and like I said, I have to endure until the end like the Bible says. I'll admit I was deceived provided I see October 22nd. So you can screen cap this if you like so remind me so I don't weasel out of it. It wasn't just Camping that made me think that May 21st and October 21st were significant either...I did research myself and came to the same conclusions, though I won't know for sure if May 21st was significant until October 21st. But I was wrong in thinking there would be earthquakes on that day, clearly.

---
#36Wu_ZonghaiPosted 6/22/2011 1:20:08 AM
CIA911 posted...

good man. I admire you.
---
#37inferiorweaselPosted 6/22/2011 1:57:12 AM
bsballa09 posted...
For some reason, CIA must be ashamed of being a Christian if he doesn't want to admit it, even though his beliefs clearly show he is one.

No Christian is ashamed of their faith. Lukewarm Christians are no longer Christian as God said in the letters to the 7 churches.
---
Live and Learn
Forgiveness is Divine.
#38Wu_ZonghaiPosted 6/22/2011 4:28:57 AM

No Christian is ashamed of their faith. Lukewarm Christians are no longer Christian as God said in the letters to the 7 churches

last time I checked, God isn't Paul, and God has the last word on who is a Christian and who isn't fyi.
---