This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's talk about Sikhism.

#1pennydemonPosted 6/24/2011 10:06:54 AM
I like their swords.
---
I'm afraid, Dave.
#2Hustle KongPosted 6/24/2011 10:27:30 AM
Every Sikh I have met has been like, super nice.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#3DiranosaurPosted 6/24/2011 10:46:00 AM
They do lots of weed.
---
Band (folk music) - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/
Solo (mandolin) - http://mycorrhiza.bandcamp.com/
#4thaer_dudePosted 6/24/2011 10:52:59 AM
I like their hats
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#5god_of_toastPosted 6/24/2011 12:42:05 PM
They are heretics ...

seriously though its more a culture than a religion.
---
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
#6FoxTheSwiftPosted 6/24/2011 3:59:11 PM
Sikhs were incredibly influential in India, and many of the ideas surrounding pacifism came from them. Also, in Northern India there was a Kingdom governed by the Sikhs that was probably the most multi-religious state in all of India, so there are good values of tolerance in their religion as well.

Some Sikhs have been killed in America because people have confused them for Muslims and done drive bys and such.
#7RetrotasticPosted 6/25/2011 3:12:29 AM(edited)
Its basically the love child of Islamic Sufism and Hindu mysticism, as far as I know. Men have the same surname which means "lion" and they carry swords so that's manliness there. And they never cut their hair for some reason I'm not sure why though, their must be spiritual power in it or something. Its a fairly new religion I think it was founded in the 16-17th century or something.
#8ledzepfan15Posted 6/25/2011 4:19:48 AM
Every Sikh I have met has been like, super nice.
Yup. I have a Sikh friend who is one of the funniest people I know.

They do lots of weed.
Where did you hear this from?

And they never cut their hair for some reason I'm not sure why though, their must be spiritual power in it or something.
They believe they should die with what they are born with.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#9RetrotasticPosted 6/25/2011 7:19:11 AM
But they're born bald aren't they?
#10Imperator420Posted 6/25/2011 12:21:17 PM
Where did you hear this from?

I'm not the guy you asked, but the few Sikh friends I have all regularly partake, and the only one I know who's been to the Punjab claims that marijuana use is generally much more common there. if there's any actual correlation, it's probably related to the culture in the areas where Sikhism is prevalent moreso than the religion itself; I know Sikhism prohibits smoking, but some methods of ingesting cannabis without combustion are fairly popular with Sikhs, sometimes for spiritual reasons.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7