This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Huh so Gay Marriage was just legalized in NY

#131NsM ComatosisPosted 7/1/2011 9:34:18 AM
Umm...what ? You said my belief came out of no where. Surprising or unexpected.

I'm pretty sure he meant "nowhere" as "without basis." As in, contrary to what you think, you really don't have any solid reasons to believe as you do.

Whether you or anyone considers it baseless is irrelevant.

It's not about anyone considering it baseless; it's about it BEING baseless and the billions of Christians out there not acknowledging this fact.

And I don't see how the fact other people believe it mean I'm being "led" by anyone. Does any show that you watch on tv that other people watch mean you're being "led" by them to watch it ? Of course not.

If you had been born in any society where the mainstream religion wasn't Christianity, you would be saying something completely different. As in, it's not the case that the Bible offers such a compelling argument that anyone who reads it has no other option but to believe. The fact that billions of people are Christian factors in directly to why you're a Christian yourself [*waits for the "but I'm not a Christian" excuse*].
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#132xXxCroNoxXxPosted 7/1/2011 9:44:38 AM
I don't see how the fact other people believe it mean I'm being "led" by anyone.
No, the fact that you saw the need to mention it all means you're being led.

Does any show that you watch on tv that other people watch mean you're being "led" by them to watch it ?

If you were convinced by them to watch it, probably on some level. And if you handle criticism of the show by saying "well a lot of other people watch it besides me" then absolutely you are.

The rest of your post has to do with the validity of the Bible, which I've already discussed numerous times. You calling it baseless=/=meaning it actually is baseless. I know people here like to think their word is law though.

stop being a drama queen. If you don't want to explain why the bible is valid, don't act offended when people take you as seriously as they take a deranged hobo.
#133CIA911Posted 7/1/2011 9:57:01 AM(edited)
If you had been born in any society where the mainstream religion wasn't Christianity, you would be saying something completely different. As in, it's not the case that the Bible offers such a compelling argument that anyone who reads it has no other option but to believe. The fact that billions of people are Christian factors in directly to why you're a Christian yourself [*waits for the "but I'm not a Christian" excuse*].

God saves people from other nations all the time. It wouldn't matter where I, or anyone was raised, if God planned on having me believe in the Bible...he has the ability to do that. Even someone who is *gasp* raised in a Muslim family. If I was raised to not believe in God (Which...I actually was), I would have still ended up believing in the Bible if God was drawing me to it. Wouldn't matter how many other people believed it. Obviously I don't go by the "majority" since only a handful of people in the world have my particular beliefs.

stop being a drama queen. If you don't want to explain why the bible is valid, don't act offended when people take you as seriously as they take a deranged hobo.

I don't get offended at all by anything anyone ever says here. I find some of them strange and funny, but never offended. Why would I be ? I completely 100% certain of my beliefs without question. People thought the apostles were deranged and crazy as well. I would certainly wish someday that I'm where they are.

---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#134CIA911Posted 7/1/2011 9:54:49 AM
If you were convinced by them to watch it, probably on some level.

So I believe in the Bible because...other people convinced me to believe in the Bible ? Haha. No. I believe in it because God led me to it. Which I'm fine with. I can admit that God led me to the Bible without argument.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#135xXxCroNoxXxPosted 7/1/2011 10:20:50 AM
So I believe in the Bible because...other people convinced me to believe in the Bible ? Haha. No. I believe in it because God led me to it. Which I'm fine with. I can admit that God led me to the Bible without argument.

So your belief that God led you to the bible is baseless then?
#136fudrickPosted 7/1/2011 12:30:07 PM
CIA911 posted...
People thought the apostles were deranged and crazy as well. I would certainly wish someday that I'm where they are.

Don't worry, we'll all be in the ground with them some day.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#137king_gimpyPosted 7/1/2011 12:43:51 PM
fudrick posted...
CIA911 posted...
People thought the apostles were deranged and crazy as well. I would certainly wish someday that I'm where they are.

Don't worry, we'll all be in the ground with them some day.

Some of us might get shot into space though! :o
---
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.