This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Christians say you cannot look at nudie pictures while some kings had

#1SlimeknightPosted 6/26/2011 9:23:13 AM(edited)
harems in the bible and these kings were looked at positively?
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#2ChickenChaserPosted 6/26/2011 9:23:47 AM
ITT: 500 religious hypocrisies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5PtSJEfajw
---
#3SilviiroPosted 6/26/2011 9:38:53 AM
"When you come to the land that the LORD your God is giving you, and you possess it and dwell in it and then say, 'I will set a king over me, like all the nations that are around me,' you may indeed set a king over you whom the LORD your God will choose. One from among your brothers you shall set as king over you. You may not put a foreigner over you, who is not your brother. Only he must not acquire many horses for himself or cause the people to return to Egypt in order to acquire many horses, since the LORD has said to you, 'You shall never return that way again.' And he shall not acquire many wives for himself, lest his heart turn away, nor shall he acquire for himself excessive silver and gold." - Deuteronomy 17:14-17
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#4OrangeWizardPosted 6/26/2011 10:04:37 AM
Kings =/= Christians.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5RetrotasticPosted 6/26/2011 10:37:01 AM
You can look at nudie pictures its just a bit sinful that's all. The kind of thing Jesus will redeem you from, your animal nature and all that.
#6GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/26/2011 10:44:28 AM
But you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#7RetrotasticPosted 6/26/2011 10:51:54 AM
You shouldn't do but you will because you're a flawed human and so not perfect, so you'll tend to give in to your baser desires and compulsions. Christianity has all of this covered, you're not really meant to be 100% perfect yourself seeing as Jesus did all that for you.
#8GuideToTheDarkPosted 6/26/2011 11:18:16 AM
But if you know you shouldn't, then you shouldn't. It's very simple.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#9RetrotasticPosted 6/26/2011 11:35:22 AM
You can try not to if you want to make the effort in being thoroughly unsinful. Though if you really want to you probably still will it's one of those things. Do you think Catholics go to confession to talk about how good they have been?
#10JamesB0ndOO7Posted 6/26/2011 11:40:43 AM
The idea of a sexualized harem is a western concept. A harem is just a place where wives live. Nothing else. It's not a place where hot naked women are rubbing each other down with oil. It's not a giant orgy room either.
---
There's no shame in being ashamed of yourself ~TheGeneralPublic
I love plenty of men. ~the hedonist