This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you ever found out that ghosts exist, what would be the first thing you do?

#1Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 6/27/2011 10:02:08 AM
Hypothetical:
You encounter a ghost. It doesn't try to hurt you or intimidate you. You make sure you aren't dreaming, hallucinating, or delusional. It's confirmed that you're not.

What would be the first thing in order to secure your future in the afterlife? Pray to God? If so, which one if not all of them? Do you try to contact the ghost again? Please be specific about your plans, whether they involve religion or not.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#2kozlo100Posted 6/27/2011 10:06:58 AM
The long and short of it is that I'd try to communicate with the ghost and glean as much information as I could, then integrate that new information into my worldview.

It's hard to be more specific than that without knowing more of the details of the encounter, as well as knowing what the ghost can and/or will communicate to me.

I'm assuming that when you say 'ghost' we're talking about a human entity that is no longer physically alive, so we can imply an afterlife of some sort from that. I think that's all we can imply simply from this being's existence though, and it would be premature to assume anything about the afterlife other than it's mere existence without more information.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#3SubDeityPosted 6/27/2011 10:08:24 AM
I can tell you what I wouldn't do: Spam topics on like 10 different message boards.
---
"I'm not an idealogue." - Terran. [Evil Republican]
Play Der Langrisser.
#4snowman_5Posted 6/27/2011 11:53:22 AM
This scenario actually happened to me before, but it didn't really effect me, I just now believe that ghosts exist.
---
Not Changing My Signature Until Zelda: OoT 3D Comes Out (7/29/10)
#5kozlo100Posted 6/27/2011 12:09:00 PM
This scenario actually happened to me before

Mind sharing the story? I'm always curious about people's experience in this area.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#6king_gimpyPosted 6/27/2011 2:41:02 PM
I believe in ghosts already, but were advances made regarding them I'd try to have one of them tell me the secret to becoming a ghost, then I'd frighten people with my new ghostly form.
---
DESTRUCTION CAN BE BEAUTIFUL!
#7snowman_5Posted 6/27/2011 3:37:57 PM
kozlo100 posted...
This scenario actually happened to me before

"Mind sharing the story? I'm always curious about people's experience in this area."

Not at all, although it wasn't just a one-time experience, it happened many times over a period of years. A pretty long time ago when I was a kid, (when I was about 7-10 years old) my mother was the assistant director (basically assistant principle) of a rather large day care center. It opened at 6:30 each morning, but her, my brother, me, and a coworker of my mom had to get there around 6. We would turn on the lights, unstack chairs, etc. , and then go to my mom's office around 6:10 to talk and eat breakfast until the center opened. At around 6:15, we would usually hear footsteps in the hall, although nobody was there. Sometimes chairs we had just unstacked would be stacked again when we went into a room, and lights we had turned on would be off again. None of us really believed in ghosts, so we would usually laugh about what was going on and we started to jokingly call the ghost Charlie. We later found out, however, that many years before then there was a cleaning man named Charlie who died in the center at 6:15 in the morning, from something like accidentally mixing dangerous cleaning chemicals or something along those lines. So I believe he may not have known he died and keeps doing his job (turning off lights, stacking chairs) even though he's dead.
---
Not Changing My Signature Until Zelda: OoT 3D Comes Out (7/29/10)
#8Hustle KongPosted 6/27/2011 3:47:40 PM
I'd get into ancestor veneration, hard.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#9LinkFanaticPosted 6/27/2011 9:03:21 PM
I'm...not sure? I'd obviously accept their existence, but I can't determine anything beyond that.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#10black spiderPosted 6/27/2011 11:13:20 PM
Call ghost busters.