This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I believe in Jesus Christ simply because I don't want to go to hell.

#31NsM ComatosisPosted 6/27/2011 6:51:59 PM(edited)
AdamKesher2001 posted...
You do realize that this IS possible and you will have made a very, very big mistake by choosing Christianity, right?

Honestly, it just seems extremely obvious to me that Christianity is the real, correct religion. And I'm not trolling.

-- The 1948 Israel reformation prophecy was fulfilled.
-- Most, if not all, historians and academic scholars believe Jesus physically existed. (The census, Josephus' historical documentation, etc. It's overwhelming)
-- It's unlikely all the witnesses were delusional or hallucinating, and lied about seeing the miracles. What motivation do they have? Is it for legacy?? I doubt it.
--

Even during the Watergate scandal, Nixon's men couldn't keep a secret.
If untrue, Jesus' disciples and apostles would've spilled the beans.

---

1. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or any other predominantly Muslim country, it would have appeared equally obvious to you that Islam was the real, correct religion. Same with respect to Hinduism if you had been born in India.
2. Go ahead and quote the prophecy, in its original wording if possible.
3. Whether Jesus physically existed or not does not prove he was in any way divine. There's far more evidence that Muhammad existed, at any rate, and you haven't shown how "Jesus existed and was God" is a more reasonable argument than "Muhammad existed and spoke directly to God."
4. Miracle stories come at a dime a dozen, even to this day. How could you reasonably conclude that "miracles" witnessed mostly by uneducated peasants in the pre-scientific 1st century somehow are more trustworthy than any of the "miracles" performed by hundreds of no-name charlatans and quacks today? These modern-day miracles also have plenty of eyewitnesses, mind you.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#32king_gimpyPosted 6/27/2011 7:04:56 PM
Why do you believe in Hell in the first place? If it is because of the Bible, why do you believe what the Bible says?
---
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.
#33AdamKesher2001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:29:05 PM(edited)
1. Go ahead and quote the prophecy, in its original wording if possible.

from a quick Google search using words "1948 israel reformation prophecy bible fulfilled," I found this.
http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/Articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.htm

2. Whether Jesus physically existed or not does not prove he was in any way divine.

Okay. But it seems obvious to me he was divine.

There's far more evidence that Muhammad existed,

They both existed.

at any rate, and you haven't shown how "Jesus existed and God" is a more reasonable argument than "Muhammad existed and spoke directly to God."

Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, and he backed up those claims. I have no tangible proof of that obviously, but it seems obvious that he did from the witnesses testimony. And I do believe the Son of God would behave and have conduct like Jesus did. Nobody else in history spoke like him and backed it up. This all seems real.

3. Miracle stories come at a dime a dozen, even to this day. How could you reasonably conclude that "miracles" witnessed mostly by uneducated peasants in the pre-scientific 1st century somehow are more trustworthy than any of the "miracles" performed by hundreds of no-name charlatans and quacks today? These modern-day miracles also have plenty of eyewitnesses, mind you.

If you're talking about guys like David Karesh and Rasputin, then you have to remember that these guys are not really like Jesus. I don't think Rasputin ever claimed to be the Son of God. And I don't think David Karesh did any miracles or rose from the dead

From the way Jesus talks and then the way he performs miracles and rises from the dead, it seems like he's the real deal. It was predicted in the Old Testament that he would come, and he did. Mohammed is not a diety, so I don't think he has the power to help people avoid hell.
#34the_hedonistPosted 6/27/2011 7:12:03 PM
What is the reason you are scared of hell? Are you afraid of punishment or are you afraid of separation from God? In other words, do you want to go to heaven because you have heard hell's no fun or do you want to be with God, the fountain of delights? The answer makes all the difference in the world.
---
Everything that doesn't have to do with elephants is irrelephant.
~The Christian Hedonist~
#35AdamKesher2001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:14:03 PM
What is the reason you are scared of hell? Are you afraid of punishment or are you afraid of separation from God? In other words, do you want to go to heaven because you have heard hell's no fun or do you want to be with God, the fountain of delights? The answer makes all the difference in the world.

In vivid detail, the Bible describes what hell is like. From that, why would you want to go there, and how could you not be afraid of it?

--
#36king_gimpyPosted 6/27/2011 7:19:36 PM
AdamKesher2001 posted...

In vivid detail, the Bible describes what hell is like. From that, why would you want to go there, and how could you not be afraid of it?

--

Why do you believe anything the Bible says?
---
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.
#37AdamKesher2001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:29:40 PM(edited)
1. If you had been born in Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or any other predominantly Muslim country, it would have appeared equally obvious to you that Islam was the real, correct religion. Same with respect to Hinduism if you had been born in India.

Somehow the word of the Gospel has reached these areas. There are people in India, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia that practice Christianity and believe in it.

God finds ways to get the word to them and these areas.
#38AdamKesher2001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 7:33:53 PM(edited)
Since fudrik hasn't answered me, I will have to leave this topic. I'm busy with other stuff. I enjoyed talking to you all.
Bye.
#39bsballa09Posted 6/27/2011 7:57:46 PM
from a quick Google search using words "1948 israel reformation prophecy bible fulfilled," I found this.
http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/Articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.htm

See, now this part is false.

This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasmoneans

Why do people always forget the Hasmoneans?
#40me_faiyezPosted 6/27/2011 8:06:58 PM
I believe in Jesus Christ simply because I don't want to go to hell.

Pascal's wager lol.
---
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.