This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"But that was in the Old Testament. When Jesus came, he changed all that"

#1rattlesnake30Posted 6/28/2011 6:40:34 AM
But......God still supported all those things in the OT at one point.
#2FelixTrapperPosted 6/28/2011 6:43:33 AM
What things are you referring to exactly?

When I think of what has been "abandoned" from the OT, I think of the meticulous rules given to the Jews in regards to the Sabbath (which were changed, heck, even the very day of the Sabbath was changed with Christ) and then some of the old rules like stoning people and such, which was changed with Jesus' doctrine of the 2 simple commandments etc.

What are the specific things you are referring to when you make a topic like this?
---
Slowly recreating Final Fantasy 6 into 3D, one block at a time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#3WelshGamer82Posted 6/28/2011 7:07:11 AM

From: rattlesnake30 | Posted: 6/28/2011 3:40:34 PM | #001
But......God still supported all those things in the OT at one point.

I think you've got a perfectly valid point in your post, however generally speaking, the argument you quoted in the topic title is a response to accusations towards Christians that they don't follow the law in the Old Testament, rather than its being used as a defence of God's character.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><
#4fudrickPosted 6/28/2011 7:11:49 AM
giantdonkeykongteam posted...
What things are you referring to exactly?

When I think of what has been "abandoned" from the OT, I think of the meticulous rules given to the Jews in regards to the Sabbath (which were changed, heck, even the very day of the Sabbath was changed with Christ) and then some of the old rules like stoning people and such, which was changed with Jesus' doctrine of the 2 simple commandments etc.

What are the specific things you are referring to when you make a topic like this?

I'm gonna go with the things you mentioned, along with the mass slaughter and genocide of people throughout the old testament, the support of slavery, kidnapping, rape, murder, starting wars... You know, that kind of stuff.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#5Infamous681Posted 6/28/2011 8:56:13 AM
Well if you are talking about the law of Moses, then if you read the Bible, it would become apparent that Jesus came to fulfill the law and not get rid of it. The NT is just focuses on the atonement of Jesus thus showing God's mercy. I see no contradiction.
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1715/cbco.png
#6gamesrgreatPosted 6/28/2011 9:01:24 AM
I agree TC. The stuff in the OT reveals what kind of god God is. He is vastly different in the NT.
---
Cyclops has never beaten Wolverine
The Miami Heat
#7mercuryinkPosted 6/28/2011 9:06:53 AM
Hell, According to "I come not to destroy the law," Jesus supports those things too. Conveniently forgotten at all the right times.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#8ElderMisanthropyPosted 6/28/2011 9:12:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9mrplainswalkerPosted 6/28/2011 9:40:25 AM
I still don't know whether Christians are supposed to follow the old law or not. I've gotten way too many different responses.
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#10FoxTheSwiftPosted 6/28/2011 11:31:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]