This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"But that was in the Old Testament. When Jesus came, he changed all that"

#101OrangeWizardPosted 6/30/2011 1:08:15 PM
ledzepfan15 posted...

And that makes a difference why...?

Because giving a tap to an adult that you would give a kid would be like a joke.

If there are visible marks it can be reported as an "abuse allegation.

Proof?
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#102ledzepfan15Posted 6/30/2011 1:32:47 PM
Because giving a tap to an adult that you would give a kid would be like a joke.

You're still leaving out factors like age, height, weight, physical health, etc. There are taps kids can take that the elderly can't. People are too different to make statements like the one you're making.

Proof?

http://www.onyxmagazine.com/aspx/parenting.aspx
It may not ever be a problem, and it won't, except if you spank a little too hard when you're a bit more stressed and there are welts - if your child says you spanked to any individual required by law to make a report - and if there are visible marks, welts, redness - it will be reported and this is what's called an "abuse allegation.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/define.cfm
Physical abuse is generally defined as "any nonaccidental physical injury to the child" and can include striking, kicking, burning, or biting the child, or any action that results in a physical impairment of the child.
People experience "striking" in different ways. You could smack an adult and be okay, but use the same force with a child and things are different....and vice versa. There are too many gray areas to make cut and dry statements.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#103OrangeWizardPosted 6/30/2011 2:16:59 PM
ledzepfan15 posted...

You're still leaving out factors like age, height, weight, physical health, etc. There are taps kids can take that the elderly can't. People are too different to make statements like the one you're making.

Whatever age slaves were, they weren't elderly, because that would just be counter-productive.

http://www.onyxmagazine.com/aspx/parenting.aspx
It may not ever be a problem, and it won't, except if you spank a little too hard when you're a bit more stressed and there are welts - if your child says you spanked to any individual required by law to make a report - and if there are visible marks, welts, redness - it will be reported and this is what's called an "abuse allegation.

You know, I originally said something along the lines of "allegation =/= arrest", but I erased that. Now I can say it, but I won't, because the article already said that it wasn't equal.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/define.cfm
Physical abuse is generally defined as "any nonaccidental physical injury to the child" and can include striking, kicking, burning, or biting the child, or any action that results in a physical impairment of the child.
People experience "striking" in different ways. You could smack an adult and be okay, but use the same force with a child and things are different....and vice versa. There are too many gray areas to make cut and dry statements.

And these gray areas mean that slavery laws and child discipline laws are the same.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#104OrangeWizardPosted 6/30/2011 2:20:55 PM
Can we please go back to the more interesting issue of whether or not Israelite slavery was "dark and cruel" and how it's "never okay to own another human being"?
---
#105fudrickPosted 7/1/2011 1:31:18 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Can we please go back to the more interesting issue of whether or not Israelite slavery was "dark and cruel" and how it's "never okay to own another human being"?

Can you give anything even remotely close to a legitimate reason why you don't agree with those statements?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious