This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AI software confirms that multiple authors created the OT

#1Adito99Posted 7/3/2011 9:20:29 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10735451

Interesting read. The ending has an excellent example of an ad hoc argument.

the research team says in their paper they aren't addressing "how or why such distinct threads exist."

"Those for whom it is a matter of faith that the Pentateuch is not a composition of multiple writers can view the distinction investigated here as that of multiple styles," they said.

In other words, there's no reason why God could not write a book in different voices.

---
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2561/goodvsevil.jpg
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 7/3/2011 9:29:44 PM(edited)
...It's debated that multiple authors wrote the OT?

Now, I/m confused. Are they saying the OT was written by multiple authors, or that the Pentateuch was written by multiple authors? Those are two very different things.

*EDIT*

Yes, the article says the Pentateuch. TT is very misleading.

---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#3CIA911Posted 7/3/2011 9:29:44 PM
God wrote the whole Bible using different people...what is that site setting out to prove ?
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#4OrangeWizardPosted 7/3/2011 9:30:09 PM
No, not the OT, the Pentateuch, the fist five books of the bible. Stop with the misleading topic titles.

It even says it was the Pentateuch in the section you quoted. It's not the OT.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5mystic belmontPosted 7/3/2011 10:12:04 PM
In other news, water is wet.
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#6Icymane_ShadoPosted 7/3/2011 10:40:26 PM
Wait a second... the Bible was written by men? LMAO.
---
"There's only two things I fear more than myself in a battle, God and my shadow"
#7sthaterPosted 7/4/2011 1:04:26 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember having read or heard of multiple authors even within Genesis itself let alone the Pentateuch itself. I've yet to even meet anybody who actually believes that all 5 books were actually all written by Moses.
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#8RetrotasticPosted 7/4/2011 1:31:11 AM(edited)
Well that's a stunning discovery. Did the research team get paid for this?