This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Future of Christianity

#1Infamous681Posted 7/4/2011 8:52:24 PM
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

As you can see, the gap between Islam and Christianity are decreasing. I fear that in a few decades it will overtake it as well as the impending spread of atheistic thought. Christianity is practically dead in some countries in Europe and the long and hard centuries of getting Christianity to the point where it is today is starting to disappear as churches do nothing. I think it is up to strong Christians to stand up against the evils and threats that impose on Christianity and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do you think Christianity is failing and will be overtaken by Islam?
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1715/cbco.png
#2king_gimpyPosted 7/4/2011 8:57:25 PM
We can only hope they both disappear.
---
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.
#3CIA911Posted 7/4/2011 9:02:21 PM
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#4Heineken14Posted 7/4/2011 9:03:05 PM

But where will you get your false prophets from?
---
Do you have anything flashier? I want something that says "I own this room. I own you."
#5bsballa09Posted 7/4/2011 9:05:43 PM
Christianity is far from disappearing in Europe...

And quit complaining. You have over 2 BILLION people. Try being 16 million, and actually having about half of it disappear within the next hundred years or so.
---
Cops: They're only useful when YOU need them.
#6OzymandiasIVPosted 7/4/2011 9:27:25 PM(edited)
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

As you can see, the gap between Islam and Christianity are decreasing. I fear that in a few decades it will overtake it as well as the impending spread of atheistic thought.

I could only hope for that, especially the expansion of "atheistic" (or, more accurately, non-religious/secular) thought.

I think it is up to strong Christians to stand up against the evils and threats that impose on Christianity and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So... islam is evil? Atheism is evil? Wow.

---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#7LinkFanaticPosted 7/4/2011 10:43:49 PM
Christianity may indeed die out, but if it does, it will not be as soon as anybody thinks.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#8RetrotasticPosted 7/5/2011 10:48:07 AM
Globally Christianity is one of the fastest growing religions, particularly in the far East its proving popular in China and South Korea is now officially a Christian rather than a Buddhist nation. Islam is growing but much of that is due to population increase they're not really winning new converts. In much of Europe organised religion is more or less dead though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with a rise in atheism specifically.
#9mystic belmontPosted 7/5/2011 11:13:31 AM

I fear that in a few decades it will overtake it as well as the impending spread of atheistic thought.

What is wrong with this?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#10RetrotasticPosted 7/5/2011 11:16:17 AM(edited)
Atheism has the potential to disconnect people from the light presence of the living God, though a number of religions can have the same effect.