This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can you not be concerned about hell ?

#1AdamKesher2001Posted 7/13/2011 8:52:10 AM
You don't know that it doesn't exist. How do you know that it's not in a different dimension or a plane of existence??

Why take a gamble on something that has eternal consequences?? Wouldn't it be wise to just play it safe and take the necessary precautions for avoiding it, like repenting and doing what the Bible says (i.e. worshipping Jesus and making him lord & saviour)??
#2RetrotasticPosted 7/13/2011 8:57:21 AM
It doesn't say anything in the Bible about non-Christians going to hell, try and find the passage.
#3Billy Bob JoePosted 7/13/2011 9:01:17 AM
You don't know that it doesn't exist. How do you know that it's not in a different dimension or a plane of existence??

Why take a gamble on something that has eternal consequences?? Wouldn't it be wise to just play it safe and take the necessary precautions for avoiding it, like repenting and doing what the Quran says (i.e. worshipping Allah and making him lord)??
---
The free market will decide whether you steer your Escalade into a nursery school or not. - Cruithear
http://www.youtube.com/user/BillyBobJoeIsaac
#4Heineken14Posted 7/13/2011 9:02:49 AM

Why take a gamble on something that has eternal consequences?? Wouldn't it be wise to just play it safe and take the necessary precautions for avoiding it, like repenting and doing what the Bible says (i.e. worshipping Jesus and making him lord & saviour)??

Who says your version is the key to supposed salvation?
---
Do you have anything flashier? I want something that says "I own this room. I own you."
#5BtVSFanPosted 7/13/2011 9:03:44 AM

Pascal's wager is a bad one for a number of reasons.

1) There are lots of religions, and they're all equally likely, so you'll likely end up in someone's hell no matter what you do. Plus, even if you manage to rectify all the theological systems on earth, the "real" religion might be something unknown, and you could still be suffering eternally.
2) Belief is not subject to the will.
3) This assumes that whatever deity is in charge will be fooled by mercenary betting, and will reward it. Most likely, the deity will know that the belief is false and kick you down to hell anyway.
4) It is equally likely that believing in Jesus could have you suffer for ever, and NOT believing is what will get you out. Consider, what if reality as we know it is a computer simulation, and the goal is to purge yourself of all supernatural beliefs. If you fail to do this by the time you die, you will be tortured forever.
5) The Christian god, in most formulations, is an evil bastard, and it would be better to be in hell than in Heaven with him.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#6AdamKesher2001(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:11:10 AM(edited)
Allah never came down to the Earth in the flesh form and died for our sins.

And I've seen a lot of people from India and Arabs from the Middle East that are christians and follow the Bible, not the Quran.

Also, The Quran came 600 years after the Bible.

--
#7RetrotasticPosted 7/13/2011 9:08:39 AM(edited)

No but Allah will punch you in the face for stepping out of line, which is why you must worship in the one almighty indivisible God as presented in the Holy Koran.
#8BtVSFanPosted 7/13/2011 9:08:57 AM

You do realize that Allah is just the Arabic word for God, right? It's the same guy you worship, so if you believe your God did those things, then you believe Allah did as well.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#9KNessJMPosted 7/13/2011 9:10:16 AM

Are you concerned about having to repeat the cycle of suffering as a lower form of life? Are you concerned about being punished by Tartarus in Hades? Are you concerned about suffering in Kalichi? What about being enslaved by Ah Puch in Metnal?

Your answer to these question is likely to be similar to my answer to your question.
---
Quote of the Week: "Why are you dead, Phil? Are you dead from knives?"
#10IShall_Run_AmokPosted 7/13/2011 9:11:37 AM
Why take a gamble on something that has eternal consequences??

Because you're a very poor evangelist.