This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why such a backlash against intelligent design?

#1SlimeknightPosted 7/15/2011 6:59:22 AM(edited)
For one thing, a good percentage of people in the U.S believe in god. Heck, even the president believes in god. Wouldn't believing in god mean you beiieve in intelligent design? Isn't that what Genesis(not the console) is all about?
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#2IwantedzeroPosted 7/15/2011 6:47:53 AM

Heck, even the president believes in god.

You say that as though it astounds you. He wouldn't have been elected if he didn't.
---
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/d/ri_chibis_series_3_by_frist44-d3fwuko.png
Good work, ChaosZeroRoxorz!
#3Heineken14Posted 7/15/2011 7:18:52 AM
Because it's not science... and yet they try to skip the entire scientific process and just wedge into classrooms regardless.
---
Do you have anything flashier? I want something that says "I own this room. I own you."
#4OrnitierIXPosted 7/15/2011 7:19:18 AM
I love that you felt the need to clarify that you weren't talking about the Sega Genesis.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#5KNessJMPosted 7/15/2011 7:37:15 AM
Because it's not science... and yet they try to skip the entire scientific process and just wedge into classrooms regardless.

That, pretty much.

Religious beliefs are all fine and good, the problem comes when people insist that they be taught in the same way as science, and when they pick and choose which religions get to be represented.
---
Quote of the Week: "He who is attached to things will suffer much."
#6FelixTrapperPosted 7/15/2011 7:41:17 AM
I think somewhere around 85% of the world believes in God or at least a god of some sort.

There are certain outlets that tend to lean more towards nonreligion, one of them in particular being GameFAQs. This is largely due to the demographic though, as the vast majority of GameFAQs users are males in their late teens to late twenties and are probably in their first philosophy course at college.

Many of the world's scientists believe in Intelligent Design. You just have to remember where you are and what everyone's agenda is.
---
Slowly recreating Final Fantasy 6 into 3D, one block at a time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#7mystic belmontPosted 7/15/2011 7:42:48 AM

For one thing, a good percentage of people in the U.S believe in god. Heck, even the president believes in god.

This means nothing.

There are lots of people in India who are Hindu, does that mean that Vishnu exists?

ID is not science, and trying to force it to be taught in science classrooms deserves all the backlash that it gets.
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#8OnceInALifeTimePosted 7/15/2011 7:51:09 AM
Many of the world's scientists believe in Intelligent Design. You just have to remember where you are and what everyone's agenda is.

How many biologists believe in ID, and how many accept evolution? Science isn't a democracy, it's not about demographics, it doesn't discriminate according to beliefs or popularity: it is either true or it isn't. 'm not sure where you stand on the whole debate, but it's worth noting what I've said.

In answer to the TC, ID promotes anti-intellectualism, it parades itself as science when really it's not. I actually find it kind of scary that so many people believe in ID here in the UK, as it means our education system failed at some point.
---
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake
#9mystic belmontPosted 7/15/2011 7:53:11 AM

[citation needed]
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#10ElderMisanthropyPosted 7/15/2011 8:03:29 AM
giantdonkeykongteam posted...

Did Shado make another alt?
---
Everyone knows that women are not equipped for golf or space travel. Space is a vacuum, not a place that needs to be vacuumed.