This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

you can be an atheist and believe in intelligent design

#21XjphPosted 7/17/2011 5:25:15 AM

Correct, using an alien as surrogate of God is the final excuse for atheists/naturalists to bypass the Creator. But now is it my turn to ask EVIDENCE for the alien hypotheses. Why do you belief in the alien hypotheses?. Lack of naturalistic evidence?

Really? I've always just considered it to be lunatic rambling.
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#22fudrickPosted 7/17/2011 10:29:42 AM
actarus posted...
Correct, using an alien as surrogate of God is the final excuse for atheists/naturalists to bypass the Creator.

Uh, no? You act like IDers have systematically destroyed every argument atheists/naturalists have made about the nature of the universe and now the only thing we can fall back on is this idea that aliens could have created life. No, people are just discussing an interesting idea.

actarus posted...
But now is it my turn to ask EVIDENCE for the alien hypotheses. Why do you belief in the alien hypotheses?. Lack of naturalistic evidence?

Are you referring to the guy you quoted, or to people who believe the alien hypothesis in general? If it's the former, you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. He didn't say he believed it at all.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#23anavriNPosted 7/17/2011 3:49:37 PM
^^
Yeah, I don't think anyone here admitted to believing in ID via aliens. So the demand for evidence seems a little out of place. All people here did was speculate about the possibility of aliens creating life.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#24xXxCroNoxXxPosted 7/17/2011 3:59:25 PM
It's already been touched on, but even if ID were real, the aliens who did the designing would have had to have been created by natural means.