This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theists: Do you see anything good in atheism?

#51ledzepfan15Posted 7/16/2011 12:47:59 PM
The mercy is that everyone should be screwed automatically, no one deserves Heaven

What a loving concept.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#52CIA911Posted 7/16/2011 12:50:50 PM(edited)
What a loving concept.

No one to blame but ourselves. Well and Satan I guess too.

---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#53fudrickPosted 7/16/2011 12:59:52 PM
CIA911 posted...
What a loving concept.

Not god, for making imperfect creatures and holding them to a perfect standard? That seems a little f***ed up. Sure he's merciful with the standard I guess, but he still has that standard.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#54mystic belmontPosted 7/16/2011 1:19:05 PM

What a loving concept.

And god, who set up the whole thing.
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#55OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 1:20:39 PM
I like how this topic, directed to Theists is lousy with atheists, but the topic directed to atheists is practically empty.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#56fudrickPosted 7/16/2011 1:29:42 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
I like how this topic, directed to Theists is lousy with atheists, but the topic directed to atheists is practically empty.

The discussion here is more interesting. Also, it has barely twice the amount of posts as the other one.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#57anavriNPosted 7/16/2011 4:06:53 PM

What do you mean "no one to blame but ourselves"?

Even if what you say is true: nobody had any choice in the matter. Nobody signed up for this. It has always baffled me how christians can act like people are responsible for something that was decided before we even existed.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#58XjphPosted 7/16/2011 4:13:22 PM

I'd say no, but the only thing that seems even desirable would be being able to do what you want without guilt, or less guilt, if what you're doing is illegal.

Not feeling guilt isn't atheism. It's called psychopathy.
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."