This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Errors in Christianity/Catholicism

#1Hikaru-XPosted 7/17/2011 10:54:58 PM
If u go 2 heaven and the person u love the most burns in hell forever how the hell can u be happy? I know sumbody i love alot if she went 2 hell id rather burn in hell with her it hurt alot worse than see her suffer alone. 2nd how come every picture of Jesus and Nativity scene/Jesus birth their all white people. Im serious even stain glass in churches have Jesus as a white man. Jesus lived in the Desert he would have been an Arabian looking. Can sumbody explain these??
---
Those who break the rules are low lives but those who abandon their friends are even lower than that-Obito Uchiha
#2ElderMisanthropyPosted 7/17/2011 10:58:42 PM
http://languagerules.wordpress.com/2006/09/07/to-vs-too-vs-two/
---
Everyone knows that women are not equipped for golf or space travel. Space is a vacuum, not a place that needs to be vacuumed.
#3CIA911Posted 7/17/2011 10:58:51 PM
If u go 2 heaven and the person u love the most burns in hell forever how the hell can u be happy?

This isn't an error. An error on your part maybe but not an error. The Bible makes it as clear as day that we will not remember anything from this life in Heaven, which includes the people we cared about. Even if Hell was a real place, we wouldn't even know that there were people in it.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#4OrangeWizardPosted 7/17/2011 10:58:57 PM
Please learn how to spell. It will make you look more intelligent, and people will respect you more.

The bible says that hell does not exist. Christians who think so are in error.
Christians who also picture everyone as white are also probably in error, but that's not too big of a deal, since I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that none of the artists were there.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5OrangeWizardPosted 7/17/2011 11:01:38 PM
CIA911 posted...

This isn't an error. An error on your part maybe but not an error. The Bible makes it as clear as day that we will not remember anything from this life in Heaven, which includes the people we cared about. Even if Hell was a real place, we wouldn't even know that there were people in it.

I doubt the bible makes that clear.

If it did, what would make us any better than Adam and Eve? What's stopping us from sinning again?

If we remember our old lives, then that can only strengthen our resolve. We'd be tried, tested, and true. We'd have an advantage over Adam and Eve so that we wouldn't make the same mistake they made.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#6fudrickPosted 7/17/2011 11:03:10 PM
CIA911 posted...
The Bible makes it as clear as day that we will not remember anything from this life in Heaven, which includes the people we cared about.

Woah, didn't know you thought this. Does the bible actually give a reason for us having "this life" at all? If everyone is either chosen to be saved or chosen not to be saved before birth, and nothing we do in this life has any effect on our salvation, and we won't remember anything from this life... it seems incredibly pointless. Under these circumstances the bible existing in this world at all seems incredibly pointless too, as with or without the existence of the bible the long term outcome would be exactly the same.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#7ElderMisanthropyPosted 7/17/2011 11:08:36 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

If it did, what would make us any better than Adam and Eve? What's stopping us from sinning again?

If we remember our old lives, then that can only strengthen our resolve. We'd be tried, tested, and true. We'd have an advantage over Adam and Eve so that we wouldn't make the same mistake they made.

I'm not sure he's concerned with being superior to Adam and Eve. He is, after all, arguing from the position that salvation is essentially a crapshoot.
---
Everyone knows that women are not equipped for golf or space travel. Space is a vacuum, not a place that needs to be vacuumed.
#8CIA911Posted 7/17/2011 11:09:19 PM

And yet...it does. Go figure.

Because...we will be incapable of sinning once we are in Heaven and have our new bodies.

We wouldn't make the same mistake for two reasons, number one...NOTHING will be tempting you in Heaven, obviously, and number two...we couldn't sin in Heaven anyways. How would that...even make sense ? We cannot be in Heaven unless we have perfect bodies and yet those perfect bodies are capable of sinning ? I don't think so.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#9DoGCyNPosted 7/17/2011 11:10:57 PM
The bible says that hell does not exist.

You mind throwing me a verse? I would like to learn as to how "hell does not exist."
---
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
#10OrangeWizardPosted 7/17/2011 11:14:33 PM
CIA911 posted...

And yet...it does. Go figure.

So, you couldn't have posted the verse? You just had to make this statement that I'm supposed to take at face value instead? Now we have to go through one more exchange before we get the answer to this matter?

Please post the verse.

Because...we will be incapable of sinning once we are in Heaven and have our new bodies.

You mean like Satan? He was a Spirit creature. He sinned. What's stopping us from sinning, if we are to be like the angels?

We wouldn't make the same mistake for two reasons, number one...NOTHING will be tempting you in Heaven, obviously,

That didn't stop Satan.

and number two...we couldn't sin in Heaven anyways.

That didn't stop Satan.

How would that...even make sense ? We cannot be in Heaven unless we have perfect bodies and yet those perfect bodies are capable of sinning ?

Adam. Eve. Satan. the Demons.
---