This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does God punish us?

#21sith_acolyte15Posted 7/18/2011 10:01:26 PM
The Bible also makes it clear that no man can predict the Rapture.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#22KNessJMPosted 7/18/2011 10:05:25 PM
Why don't they just, y'know... get the f*** out? We don't want them here, they clearly don't want to be here, so it seems best for everyone involved.

Silly non-believer, don't you realize there's big-time bucks to be made by telling masses of people that they'll be killed and tortured forever unless you give money to the right people?
---
Quote of the Week: "He who is attached to things will suffer much."
#23DoGCyNPosted 7/19/2011 1:54:49 AM
If by "discussed thoroughly" you mean me repeating the question several times while you only say "it's just true. It's that simple." then sure we discussed it thoroughly. This is also a different question but whatever.

Different question but it seems to be following the same path. The other question became me beating a dead horse because you didn't understand it fully. I did not say "it's just true." I gave verses and backed them up and you kept telling me "You're wrong, prove it."

Why do you believe that punishment for sin is a fitting punishment as opposed to discipline? Supposedly, god loves us. Do parents who love their children ever punish them, or do they discipline them? Again, by your definition punishment is just torment for no productive reason. If god cared for and loved humans he would only discipline us in order to reform our actions.

So only christians deserve discipline in order to reform their actions and learn things and help them grow up or mature, but all non-christians deserve punishment for no beneficial reason.

Romans 8:28-35:
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

---
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
#24CatfoundPosted 7/21/2011 8:17:01 PM
I think we misplace blame for things that happen naturally. I'm getting over my own survivor's guilt from a family member going so soon after my accident and the inability to talk about it and receive what felt like undeserved sympathy. But that's not really discussion for the internet.
#25Hikaru-XPosted 7/21/2011 11:21:44 PM
Death is salvation end of sorrow and pain. Life is our punishment to live in how do i put it "stupidity" and pain and sorrow caused from it
---
Those who break the rules are low lives but those who abandon their friends are even lower than that-Obito Uchiha
#26GuideToTheDarkPosted 7/21/2011 11:25:22 PM
You have internet access and the freedom to complain on forums. Life is not a punishment for you.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#27gamesrgreatPosted 7/21/2011 11:27:46 PM

I am not taking either sides, but is this the belief?

Yes some people believe this. People believe lots of different things.
---
The Miami Heat