This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The quickest way to become an atheist to to read the Old Testament"

#121OrangeWizardPosted 7/20/2011 6:00:24 PM
I know I did. I never said that didn't happen.

I only said that I never called out a 14 year old by relating his age to his argument
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#122ledzepfan15Posted 7/20/2011 6:20:35 PM
I only said that I never called out a 14 year old by relating his age to his argument

You made the comment of him watching too much Bleach because he talked about the Reaper. You also made comments on his spelling, typing, and views. His beliefs fueled his questions.

Would you have ever said anything if he never stated his age?
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#123GuideToTheDarkPosted 7/20/2011 9:07:18 PM
To be fair, he didn't have to mention his age for anyone to infer it.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#124OrangeWizardPosted 7/20/2011 10:22:27 PM
I did say something before I ever mentioned his age. I told him to correct his spelling and Grammar, and told him he watched too much Bleach before he even mentioned his age.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#125KNessJMPosted 7/21/2011 7:32:32 AM
It's the Socratic method, people, work with me here.

If you were honestly attempting to use the Socratic method, you have a serious misunderstanding about its proper application.

You're supposed to lead a discussion in a particular direction by asking not questions, not just answer every question with a question. There has to be answers given on one side or another, or else the conversation will just degenerate into meaningless banter, as it did in this case.
---
Quote of the Week: "He who is attached to things will suffer much."
#126OrangeWizardPosted 7/21/2011 9:02:35 AM
Well then that's belmont's fault
---