This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My big problem is that good people are going to burn for not believing in God.

#61OrangeWizardPosted 7/22/2011 8:17:43 AM
almasbaby posted...
Don't Muslims believe your name is written in the Book of Life (or not), even before you're born? Now THAT's what seems unfair. It doesn't matter what you do in life. Your fate is sealed before you even take your first breath.

I know, right? Even some Christians on this board (one) think that as well.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#62KapoopPosted 7/22/2011 11:06:47 AM
Jagus posted...
There are no verses like that in the Quran, in addition, that's a discussion for another topic. I thought this was a board for mature discussion and not angstheists.

Excellent ad hominem, SLM.

I'll address the former part of your statement later.

---
"I say a man was caught on tape [making love to] a pinata, and you people say 'So, when does this get weird?'" - Jon Stewart
#63Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 7:07:41 PM
That's not ad hominem. -_-

Don't Muslims believe your name is written in the Book of Life (or not), even before you're born? Now THAT's what seems unfair. It doesn't matter what you do in life. Your fate is sealed before you even take your first breath.

Never heard of this.
---
http://i29.tinypic.com/mbhd74.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/5uek9i.jpg
#64CIA911Posted 7/25/2011 7:23:01 PM

You fate when it comes to being in Heaven or not is sealed, yes. But...wouldn't it be more unfair if God excluded people simple based on their beliefs or actions ? The people who were never raised to believe in God or raised in a **** family and were doomed to be violent or a criminal since birth ? Should God fault them because of the environment they were born ? I don't think so. But that's just my opinion. Everyone should have had an equal chance. Which is how God did it.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#65VerbigerationPosted 7/25/2011 10:21:36 PM
Jagus
Posted 7/19/2011 12:15:09 PM
message detail

But being in a religion from a religious point of view isn't about being "part of a club." It's about being a good person.

Being in a religion is not about being good at all. Religions are the main cause of wars all over the world simple as that. I am good but I'm not religious. And what about all those pedo priests are they good too because they are in a religious cult? Being in a religion is nothing more than people wanting reward for there good deeds. Me on the other and many millions of others don't need reward to be a good person.
---
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me.
#66ArcticMtnWolfPosted 7/25/2011 10:44:15 PM
It depends how you define a good person.

A "good person" is obviously defined relative to people. If we all sin, then clearly that isn't something that makes some a bad person, since everyone does it.

This is defining sin according to people, by what everybody does. It starts with the assumption that, if there is something that all people do, that thing is not bad. But sin is defined by the nature of God, not by what we do. If it is true that we all sin, that makes us a poor standard of what sin is or isn't. If there is someone who never sins, that could be used as a standard of a perfectly good person.
#67CIA911Posted 7/25/2011 11:43:40 PM
Yeah. I mean if we all break the law...then we aren't really breaking the law. Somehow that makes sense.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#68ShunsatsuPosted 7/26/2011 1:36:08 PM
And Christianity makes it abundantly clear that if you don't accept Jesus (pbuh) as your Lord and Savior you are going to Hell.

So all the Muslims are going to hell for not accepting Jesus, And all the Christians are going to hell for not accepting Allah?

The Boogie man can't eat you if you don't believe in him.

Might be safer to be Buddhist.
#69DagorhaPosted 7/26/2011 2:10:18 PM
Better off to be Hindu. More choices of Gods to pick from and Krishna was a pretty agreeable sort of guy and if you don't mind having a bad next life you can live it large in this one. I like Hinduism. I wish i could believe in it. Ah well
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut