This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesis proves evolution?

#1Wu_ZonghaiPosted 7/19/2011 2:31:34 PM
The story of the Garden of eden and how humans came to know good and evil kind of shows that they evolved to higher thinking.

thoughts?
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.
#2Wu_Zonghai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 2:32:46 PM
of course, i understand that the common definition of evolution is random genetic mutations within a population over a long period of time being passed on through sexual selection.
---
#3OrnitierIXPosted 7/19/2011 2:34:09 PM
With this reading, it would mean evolution is the direct result of Satan.

I'm okay with this.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#4BtVSFanPosted 7/19/2011 2:35:10 PM
Genesis doesn't prove anything, because there's no way to independently verify the things that happen within it.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#5fudrickPosted 7/19/2011 3:53:19 PM
Topic title should read: "This thread proves Wu_Zonghai has no clue about the basics of evolution?"

First post should read: "Yes."
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#6anavriNPosted 7/19/2011 5:14:14 PM
The story of the Garden of eden and how humans came to know good and evil kind of shows that they evolved to higher thinking.

They already possessed higher cognitive abilities like speech, Theory of Mind, memory, et cetera. According to most evolutionary biologists and/or neuroscientists (de Waal and Dennett just to name some), this would already mean they possessed sense of morality.

Also, Genesis never has and never will prove anything. Ever.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#7ElderMisanthropyPosted 7/19/2011 5:27:00 PM
anavriN posted...
Also, Genesis never has and never will prove anything. Ever.

Well, it proves, to an extent, that some humans are capable of believing that a talking serpent convinced a woman to eat fruit and get kicked out of a magical garden.
---
Everyone knows that women are not equipped for golf or space travel. Space is a vacuum, not a place that needs to be vacuumed.
#8squareandrarePosted 7/19/2011 5:35:47 PM
Eating an apple VS natural selection

You're right, Wu. They're exactly the same thing. No relevant differences at all.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#9Wu_Zonghai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 1:55:26 AM(edited)
Eating an apple VS natural selection

You're right, Wu. They're exactly the same thing. No relevant differences at all.

Since when was natural selection ever natural? Since when was it accepted that the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil an apple?

What if it was really mushrooms or some other psychedelic?
---
#10Wu_Zonghai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 1:55:38 AM
ITT: srs bznz
---