This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could you enjoy heaven if you knew...

#1Faust_8Posted 7/20/2011 6:50:58 PM
...that a friend/loved one was being tortured in eternity in hell?

Just a thought.

I obviously know that not all Christians have this view of hell--some don't even think hell exists. So naturally this does not to apply to them. This is purely for those that do.
---
My understanding of reality is contingent...on reality.
"We think the future that we will find together is greater than the assumptions of our past."
#2KiIogramPosted 7/20/2011 7:04:12 PM
One of the many problems I have with Christianity. I'm a loyal friend, and I know for a fact that I could not live happily with my close friends and family suffering in the Christian hell. I'd have a big problem with that god.
---
~crazychris~
#3OrangeWizardPosted 7/20/2011 7:05:19 PM
Going after the low hanging fruit, I see.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#4CIA911Posted 7/20/2011 7:06:50 PM
No, of course not. But thankfully they won't have to worry about that.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#5KiIogramPosted 7/20/2011 7:07:12 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Going after the low hanging fruit, I see.

Who are you talking to?
---
~crazychris~
#6OrnitierIXPosted 7/20/2011 7:14:08 PM
From what I understand, you wouldn't know they were burning.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#7KiIogramPosted 7/20/2011 7:18:18 PM
OrnitierIX posted...
From what I understand, you wouldn't know they were burning.

I also wouldn't like a god who isn't letting me know about the condition of my friends.
---
~crazychris~
#8OrnitierIXPosted 7/20/2011 7:31:03 PM

I also wouldn't like a god who isn't letting me know about the condition of my friends.

Presumably you wouldn't know he's doing that either.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#9chukie_suePosted 7/20/2011 7:36:42 PM
I suspect so. The omnipotent God is hellbent (pun intended) on giving me a good time full of joy. I think a significant more amount of revelation will be received in Heaven than on earth. This includes a better understanding of God's righteousness. When a relative on mine dies who I know wasn't saved, I mourn, but I can still understand (to some extent) that they had more of a chance than they deserved.
---
A mighty hand, an outstretched arm - You are the God who saves, Deliverer Your name.
#10KiIogramPosted 7/20/2011 7:37:41 PM
OrnitierIX posted...
Presumably you wouldn't know he's doing that either.

So the situation just gets crappier and crappier. Now this god is erasing my fond memories?
---
~crazychris~