This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could you enjoy heaven if you knew...

#21HumbleDanPosted 7/21/2011 5:55:41 AM
Our memories are kept in our brain, when we die so are our memory. Our soul won't remember a thing without God's intervention.
#22anavriNPosted 7/21/2011 8:16:43 AM
The Bible is vague about Heaven, we know we will have new bodies, and will live with God in "paradise." What you're asking I can't answer because I haven't been to Heaven yet.

But then what is it that you know about Heaven that made you say we would think about it differently once we would be there?
You're making claims based on assumptions about Heaven one moment, and appealing to near-full ignorance about Heaven on another.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#23Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 11:38:08 AM
Our memories are kept in our brain, when we die so are our memory. Our soul won't remember a thing without God's intervention.

So I won't even remember my own parents?

The more I hear of it, the more it's basically just an infinite drug-high.
---
My understanding of reality is contingent...on reality.
"We think the future that we will find together is greater than the assumptions of our past."
#24GuideToTheDarkPosted 7/21/2011 9:37:52 PM
With our memories gone, we cease being the person that we are. It's basically the same as good ol' "nothing happens when you die" with some soul returning to the dirt in heaven in addition to your carbon going back to basics.

This makes me question the value of a soul anyway. What should I care about it for if I won't have any memories, and therefore, no longer exist?
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.