This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Devil and Daniel Webster.

#11squareandrarePosted 7/21/2011 4:37:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Chl4CcsrY&playnext=1&list=PL63A6D96FA88A4AF6

Twilight Zone episode based on The Devil and Daniel Webster.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#12FlashOfLightPosted 7/21/2011 9:13:20 PM
Hmm, it's hard for me to refer to the portrayal of Satan in the Daniel Webster movie without mentioning the part at the end via a spoiler, but nevertheless I think it's in sync, especially when the Bible does describe him as someone petty and not physically impressive in his human form, ala the Wizard of Oz, but his cunning attributes and his lack of caring otherwise is pretty well featured in the movie.

The mentioned Twilight Zone depictions of him are also well carried out, I own all the episodes so I am pretty in tune with all the times he was a key character, in "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville" he is presented as a deceptive vixen, and that's the form that usually gets most men.
---
I'm on the internet, I'm not real!
#13GuideToTheDarkPosted 7/21/2011 9:19:35 PM
Does it have to be a movie? Neil Gaiman/ Mike Carey's Lucifer is probably my favorite. That and the robot from Futurama.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.