This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Herman Cain supports banning mosques

#1fudrickPosted 7/23/2011 9:11:04 AM
Anyone else hear about this?

"They have the right to do that. That's not discriminating ... against that particular religion. That is an aspect of them building that mosque that doesn't get talked about"

"Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions."

There was also another quote I couldn't find that involved him talking about "them" using "our" constitution to support building "their" mosque... Apparently he read the version of the first amendment that grants "freedom of religion, as long as you're christian."

He's also claimed that he wouldn't want to appoint a muslim to a cabinet position.

Thoughts?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#2OrnitierIXPosted 7/23/2011 9:15:47 AM
I don't see anything in those quotes that seems like he's saying he wants to ban mosques.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#3kirsybuuPosted 7/23/2011 9:20:35 AM

I don't see anything in those quotes that seems like he's saying he wants to ban mosques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvsbI2VyjI

"They have the right to do that" is him saying he supports communities that want to ban mosques.
---
"sabe que no puede resistir mis encantos sensuales." ~ Poolshark128
#4OrnitierIXPosted 7/23/2011 9:24:50 AM
Ah, I see.

Well I think it's pretty clear that they do not have that right.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#5squareandrarePosted 7/23/2011 9:37:54 AM
Clearly they don't have that right. And what does it say about the Republican primary candidates that someone as stupid as Herman Cain could be doing so well?
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#6fudrick(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 12:22:22 PM
He also said he thinks bills in Congress should be limited to three pages. Seriously... three pages.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#7mystic belmontPosted 7/23/2011 4:04:56 PM
Cain is saying whatever he wants, because he has no chance.
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#8kiricat2Posted 7/23/2011 5:07:00 PM
Yeah ive been reading about this guy recently. rather unfortunate, both his comments and popularity.
---
But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the mad man...
#9CapoMafiaPosted 7/23/2011 7:03:36 PM
I can't wait til he grows out of this presidential phase and just delivers my ****ing pizza.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift
#10TheisbancPosted 7/23/2011 10:08:50 PM
He's also claimed that he wouldn't want to appoint a muslim to a cabinet position.

His actual wording was that he wouldn't feel comfortable with a Muslim in a cabinet position. He later said that he would be willing to appoint a Muslim if he or she would be loyal to the Constitution.
---
61,000 donkeys -Numbers 31:34