This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is God capable of wrath, pride, and deceit?

#11CIA911Posted 7/24/2011 5:11:23 PM
The Bible also says God is not capable of deceit/lies.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#12Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 5:14:31 PM
Vengeance is for God, not for us. So when Jesus says turn the other cheek, he is absolutely right. It is not our place to exact revenge.
1) Isn't Jesus just another form of God?
2) Doesn't God want us to follow him as a role model?

---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#13Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 5:15:32 PM
One who is pure, righteous, and holy would absolutely hate what is evil and, if just, would pour out wrath against it.
There's a difference between punishing someone in the interest of justice, and hurting someone out of vengeance and hate, though. Isn't there?

---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#14CIA911Posted 7/24/2011 5:23:17 PM
1) Isn't Jesus just another form of God?

Yes. And...both of them advocated the same thing. And that was not for men to exact revenge or repay someone for what they did to you. It's all over the Bible. Leviticus 19:18. Deuteronomy 32:35. Proverbs 24:29, etc. What's your point ?

2) Doesn't God want us to follow him as a role model?

Are you referring to this ?

Colossians 3:12-17

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#15ArcticMtnWolfPosted 7/25/2011 9:52:54 PM
One who is pure, righteous, and holy would absolutely hate what is evil and, if just, would pour out wrath against it.
There's a difference between punishing someone in the interest of justice, and hurting someone out of vengeance and hate, though. Isn't there?

Absolutely. But that's how you are using the word "vengeance." Some kinds of vengeance are in fact in the interest of justice. Overdoing it and being overcome with hatred toward a person is not.

And it should be made clear that the hatred of evil is not against the person. Hence we say, "hate the sin, love the sinner." It's precisely because of love that God hates sin. Sin is destructive to the person He made and loves.
#16VerbigerationPosted 7/25/2011 10:04:47 PM
Simple answer is, No such thing as god.
---
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me.
#17VerbigerationPosted 7/25/2011 10:10:47 PM
Sin doesn't exist only your morals do, common sense should let you no the difference between right and wrong. If you're bad in this life then that's it your bad end of matter if you're good you're good. No reward awaits and no punishment awaits, just random chaos.
---
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me.
#18hunter_gohanPosted 7/29/2011 10:39:23 PM
CIA911 posted...
Vengeance is for God, not for us. So when Jesus says turn the other cheek, he is absolutely right. It is not our place to exact revenge.

Ah, do as I say not as I do, the hallmark of every bad parent.

As for God being deceitful:

"And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie" 2 Thess 2:11

"Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you." 1 Kings 22:23

Whether or not he's speaking the lies himself, he is definitively deceitful.
---
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
#19Wu_ZonghaiPosted 7/30/2011 4:15:20 AM

Secondly, how do explain God's wrath when it hurts/kill little babies, like when natural disasters or biological circumstances destroy them?

What's so special about little babies?
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.