This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians: Can Jews enter Heaven?

#1MeanGirlGamerPosted 7/24/2011 6:24:30 PM
Since Jews do not accept Jesus Christ, but are supposed to have a pre-existing covenant with God...? Is it possible for both Jews and Christians to be saved through different methods?

I often hear that Christ the only way to salvation, but isn't it true that the Jewish people had a pre-existing covenant with God before the New Testament? Is that still in place?
---
^.~
~.^
#2OrangeWizardPosted 7/24/2011 6:28:56 PM
Only if they were faithful and died before Christ was born. But after that, no, they would have had to accept Jesus.

Since Jesus, no that covenant is not in place.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#3Burning_WolfXPosted 7/24/2011 6:45:01 PM
The old covenant has been fulfilled. The Roman Catholics say that the Old Covenant is still salvific for Jews, but since we have no Temple, it's kind of a moot point.

Ultimately, no one can say for sure who is to be saved but who is not. But if a repentant Canaanite, a centurion, a Samaritan and an adulteress can be saved, I don't see why an upright Jew would be excluded from the Kingdom of Heaven.
---
Proud member of the Valiant Brawlers. Brawl code: 3050-9471-7656
Currently playing: Brawl, Okami
#4RetrotasticPosted 7/25/2011 1:37:44 AM
I should think so seeing as Jesus himself was a Jew.
#5DianeSELWYN2001Posted 7/25/2011 7:12:47 AM
Since Jews do not accept Jesus Christ,

Haven't you heard of the organization called "Jews For Jesus"?? They've grown very big over the years.

--
---
The Thing(Xbox) is better than RE: Code Veronica and RE 1-3
Shadow of The Colossus & ICO are better than Tombraider & Kingdom Hearts
#6mercuryinkPosted 7/25/2011 7:15:05 AM
Haven't you heard of the organization called "Jews For Jesus"?? They've grown very big over the years.

You mean that scam thought up by gentiles to convert Jews? I read a book by one of them once (I mistook the star of David and the surname Roth on the cover for something useful). It was so ignorant of Judaism I nearly cried.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#7Burning_WolfXPosted 7/25/2011 9:50:01 AM
DianeSELWYN2001 posted...
I'm quite sure we're talking about followers of Judaism here.
---
Proud member of the Valiant Brawlers. Brawl code: 3050-9471-7656
Currently playing: Brawl, Okami
#8CIA911Posted 7/25/2011 12:26:02 PM
A true Jew by God's definition is anyone who has become saved. So...I'll go with yes.
---
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
#92ndSamuraiPosted 7/25/2011 12:57:40 PM(edited)
Burning_WolfX posted...
DianeSELWYN2001 posted...

I know who you are talking about, and their a joke.

And to CIA,

No a true Jew is one who is a descendant of Jacob through the matriarchal line. His ancestors witnessed the giving of the Torah. Or it can be a person who is the descendant of a Kosher women convert.
---
SSBB: 3609 0740 5203 SMASH
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/jew-jitsu-demotivational-poster.jpg
#10bsballa09Posted 7/25/2011 11:55:22 PM

I'm quite sure if a Jew accepts Jesus as the "Messiah", he is a Christian, not a Jew. He is Jewish by ethnicity, not by religion.
---
EA did not forget about The Sims 3 for consoles. The Pets expansion is coming out in October.