This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else pray over their food in bulk?

#1CapoMafiaPosted 7/28/2011 2:58:00 PM
Praying in bulk is far more efficient than praying over each individual meal. Besides, God probably doesn't even view time linearly like we do. A prayer is a prayer; why should he care if it occurs exactly before the consumption of food? Based on the assumption that I'll eat three square meals and a snack per day, I prayed 56 times today. I'm good for the next two weeks.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift
If you're really into the classic fantasy stylings of Tolkien, I highly recommend The Very Hungry Caterpillar. - Tani
#2OrnitierIXPosted 7/28/2011 2:59:30 PM
But what if you give thanks for food that later gets destroyed?
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#3JigglysaintPosted 7/28/2011 3:16:43 PM
I just see it as an excuse to pray. Actually I don't bless my food typically. Occansionally when I eat alone I might, but usually it's only when I'm with people who are already inclined to do so. After all, why would I not be thankful for a meal just because I didn't specifically SAY I was thankful for it? It's a social thing so it's good to do when others get a benefit out of it.
#4OrangeWizardPosted 7/28/2011 3:22:14 PM
It's not about SAYING it, it's taking the effort and extra time to give thanks to God before you tear into your meal. God appreciates that.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5ledzepfan15Posted 7/28/2011 4:27:36 PM
God appreciates that.

How do you know?
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#6Infamous681Posted 7/28/2011 4:29:39 PM
The Bible doesn't say to pray before meals. It's just tradition.
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1715/cbco.png
#7OrangeWizardPosted 7/28/2011 4:36:49 PM

God appreciates that.

How do you know?

Because of the similar biblical examples were -

Actually, you don't even care, do you? You just want to argue.

Tradition that Jesus did.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#8ledzepfan15Posted 7/28/2011 4:55:07 PM(edited)
Actually, you don't even care, do you? You just want to argue.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't ask. If you say god likes something, I want to know how YOU know.

---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
#9Infamous681Posted 7/28/2011 4:52:02 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Tradition that Jesus did.

That's still not a commandment.
---
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1715/cbco.png
#10kozlo100Posted 7/28/2011 4:56:14 PM
Praying ahead of time with a mind towards efficiency seems contrary to the spirit of the thing.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick