This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does God exist?

#61xXxCroNoxXxPosted 8/8/2011 3:42:55 PM
Well then please stop evading and discuss the question the TC asked.
---
Fare thee well, you evidence of Jewish superiority.
-Mercuryink
#62hunter_gohanPosted 8/8/2011 3:57:40 PM
TheGeneralPublic posted...
Why not?

Two reasons; One, if it were enough then every single religion would be true. Two, it is absolutely one of the worst forms of evidence possible, that is if you even count it as evidence.

"The experiment is very simple. A group of 10 college students were recruited to perform a taste test on a new yogurt. They were asked to determine the new flavor of this yogurt. However, unknown to the test subject, 9 of the 10 students are part of the experiment. They were told to repeat a predetermined response when asked about the taste. Only the one test subject was the actual unknown. When given the yogurt to taste, each was asked to give their impressions. The test subject was to go last.
The yogurt given was strawberry flavored (but not made known to the test subject).

After hearing the responses of the other 9 subjects claiming to taste vanilla instead of Strawberry, the test subject in 8 out of 10 cases went with the majority and said he tasted vanilla instead of saying it is strawberry. When repeated with many subjects, only about 20% of the subjects stuck to their guns."

http://www.squidoo.com/group_think

People can eat strawberry yogurt and think it's actually vanilla because some other people lied about it. That's the personal experience of 80% of the subjects in that test, does that mean strawberry yogurt is now vanilla yogurt?
---
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
#63OrangeWizardPosted 8/8/2011 3:58:36 PM
I just meant that led doesn't have to parrot everything you say. That doesn't make TC's attempted discussion on-topic, though, so I see no reason why I should.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#64MartySullivan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 6:03:11 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
I just meant that led doesn't have to parrot everything you say. That doesn't make TC's attempted discussion on-topic, though, so I see no reason why I should.

if you're not going to post on-topic I really don't want you in my thread :(
#65ledzepfan15Posted 8/8/2011 9:28:01 PM

Everything he says? It was ONE post.
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro