This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so are the differences in the protestants denominations. . .

#1robert21Posted 8/7/2011 7:32:07 PM
mainly related the beliefs in sin and how we are saved or are there other differences? like im a member of the church of the nazarene and im not sure how my belief is different from that of a baptist
---
If we hit the bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate
#2_FalstaffPosted 8/7/2011 10:45:52 PM
I'm a member of the Nazarene Church as well, and as far as Baptists go, we're pretty similar in many of our beliefs including sin and salvation, the Trinity, missions, evangelism, baptism and so on. Are there any other denominations you're curious about, because Protestantism is a fairly large umbrella.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#3fudrickPosted 8/7/2011 10:49:14 PM
TC, completely off topic but what is your signature from? I recall hearing that relatively recently but I can't remember where.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#4robert21(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 11:12:09 PM
fudrick posted...
TC, completely off topic but what is your signature from? I recall hearing that relatively recently but I can't remember where.

futurama. the episode where they blow up the hubble telescope i believe
---
If we hit the bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate
#5fudrickPosted 8/7/2011 11:13:14 PM
robert21 posted...

Ah, definitely seems like a Fry quote.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#6robert21(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 11:15:23 PM
fudrick posted...
robert21 posted...

Ah, definitely seems like a Fry quote.

actually thats zapp lol
---
#7fudrickPosted 8/7/2011 11:18:57 PM
robert21 posted...
actually thats zapp lol

Oh, well whatever he's just as dumb.
---
Best FCs:
#8SirThinkALotPosted 8/8/2011 6:43:49 AM
I know baptists are fairly unique among Christianity in that they believe Baptism isnt a requirment for salvation, but an mearly a symbolic action that one has been saved. They why they wont baptize infants if I'm not mistaken.
---
Read my blog: http://sirthinkalotsthoughts.blogspot.com/
PSN name: SirThinkALot
#9the_hedonistPosted 8/8/2011 7:24:05 AM
SirThinkALot posted...
I know baptists are fairly unique among Christianity in that they believe Baptism isnt a requirment for salvation, but an mearly a symbolic action that one has been saved. They why they wont baptize infants if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, Baptists don't baptize infants because it doesn't seem to be the command of Scripture or the example of the New Testament church. You are right that we believe it is a symbolic representation of an inner reality (the death and resurrection of the individual) that has already happened. And salvation only happens to believers, so Baptists only baptize believers.

But you can believe that baptism is necessary for salvation and only practice believer's baptism. Most Churches of Christ believe this.
---
Thumbs up for rock 'n' roll.
~The Christian Hedonist~
#10fudrickPosted 8/8/2011 11:09:26 AM
SirThinkALot posted...
I know baptists are fairly unique among Christianity in that they believe Baptism isnt a requirment for salvation

Well that's a bit ironic.
---
Best FCs: