This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the leader says you can't buy/sell without a microchip installed in your hand

#51Faust_8Posted 8/10/2011 4:21:51 PM
Extra punctuation makes it seem like you're just trying to be loud and/or extravagant just to get attention...and it doesn't make your points any more valid.

And I'd be against the chip no matter what it did or did not have on it--the chip itself is just an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

You can't seriously be this ridiculous can you, Diane? You seem like an atheist troll trying to make believers look bad.
---
My understanding of reality is contingent...on reality.
"We think the future that we will find together is greater than the assumptions of our past."
#52anavriNPosted 8/11/2011 12:22:30 AM
It is interesting, actually, because years ago I read a series of books called the Christ Clone trilogy. Even though I disagree almost totally with that view of eschatology, I found them to be a much more entertaining read than the Left Behind books.

Awesome, I've been looking for quite a while for those books, but I can't find a site that delivers them where I live.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#53KNessJMPosted 8/11/2011 8:08:50 AM
To all the people adamantly against the microchip: Do you live in the US and have a cell phone made within the last 3 years?

Not a whole lot different, really. The Government has the right to remotely activate the GPS unit and track you, and some models can even have the microphone remotely activated. A warrant isn't even required in all cases. You're literally carrying a tracking device around with you. So why the big fuss over a hypothetical microchip? Like I said earlier, at least you wouldn't have to worry about forgetting it on the coffee table....
---
Quote of the Week: "[CENSORED]"
#54Hustle KongPosted 8/11/2011 8:18:44 AM
The thing is, I CAN leave my phone on the coffee table. It's not something that I am required to keep sewn in my person.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#55X__JapanPosted 8/11/2011 11:05:21 AM
KNessJM posted...
To all the people adamantly against the microchip: Do you live in the US and have a cell phone made within the last 3 years?

Not a whole lot different, really. The Government has the right to remotely activate the GPS unit and track you, and some models can even have the microphone remotely activated. A warrant isn't even required in all cases. You're literally carrying a tracking device around with you. So why the big fuss over a hypothetical microchip? Like I said earlier, at least you wouldn't have to worry about forgetting it on the coffee table....

There's a BIG difference between a PHONE having a microchip and having one installed in your BODY. It isn't even just about tracking, it's about having an unnatural device inside your body which raises the chances of cancer and other medical issues.
---
Pay Lay Ale, the beer Joe Smith asked for by name
#56KNessJMPosted 8/11/2011 12:49:24 PM
Eh, if you say so.

Personally, I look forward to the physical melding of humanity and technology.
---
Quote of the Week: "[CENSORED]"
#57king_gimpyPosted 8/11/2011 2:12:11 PM
X__Japan posted...
KNessJM posted...

There's a BIG difference between a PHONE having a microchip and having one installed in your BODY. It isn't even just about tracking, it's about having an unnatural device inside your body which raises the chances of cancer and other medical issues.

How do you know it raises the chances of cancer? Do you think they wouldn't look into that before deciding they were safe for human usage?

I'm with KNess, I look forward to this sort of thing.
---
You can believe in stones, as long as you do not throw them at me.- Wafa Sultan
#58Hated_DarknessPosted 8/13/2011 11:11:35 AM
I am Locutus of Borg. You will all be assimilated. We will use our microchips to control you. There will be no escape.
#59_FalstaffPosted 8/13/2011 12:05:11 PM
I don't like the idea of any sort of technology inside my body, whether it's a microchip or a computer. I'll wait until they invent a security system that is unhackable (read: never).
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.