This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's discuss pantheism, pandeism and panentheism.

#11Hustle KongPosted 8/9/2011 4:41:42 PM
"That's what I'm asking. What is different about how you view the universe from your average person? I think the universe is pretty awe inspiring, and I'm glad I'm a part of it. How is a pantheist different from me?"

Based on my talks with people, there very often does not seem to be a feeling of awe or sacredness and identity with the universe.

I think there is likely little difference between you or I and a pantheist.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#12kozlo100Posted 8/9/2011 4:43:35 PM
Hmm... perhaps that's where my confusion lies then.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#13fudrickPosted 8/9/2011 4:53:26 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Based on my talks with people, there very often does not seem to be a feeling of awe or sacredness and identity with the universe.

Indeed. My mom said that she couldn't imagine going into space because it would be to boring. I was completely shocked, I think that would be one of the most amazing experiences.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#14Diranosaur(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 4:58:44 PM
fudrick posted...
Indeed. My mom said that she couldn't imagine going into space because it would be to boring. I was completely shocked, I think that would be one of the most amazing experiences.

Indeed, it probably would be amazing. I couldn't even imagine the feeling, as I'm filled with awe just by watching the sunrise. I believe that seeing an earthrise could probably the the most amazing thing a man could experience.

And yeah, sadly, many people don't seem to feel belonging and connection towards the universe and it's parts.
---
My folk band - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/
Mandolin - Flute - Bouzouki/Nyckelharpa - Guitar
#15fudrickPosted 8/9/2011 5:06:58 PM
Diranosaur posted...
Indeed, it probably would be amazing. I couldn't even imagine the feeling, as I'm filled with awe just by watching the sunrise. I believe that seeing an earthrise could probably the the most amazing thing a man could experience.

And yeah, sadly, many people don't seem to feel belonging and connection towards the universe and it's parts.

Sometimes when I look at or think about distant objects for an extended period of time, I have like a mini panic attack sort of thing where I realize how puny and insignificant I am, and even the entire earth is. Freaks me out but it feels strangely good to think about.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#16CommonJoePosted 8/9/2011 5:18:03 PM
Sometimes when I look at or think about distant objects for an extended period of time, I have like a mini panic attack sort of thing where I realize how puny and insignificant I am, and even the entire earth is. Freaks me out but it feels strangely good to think about.

I've had similar experiences, though usually its because I'm directly trying to comprehend literally all of the universe in its infinite size.

Ever read the Hitchhiker's Guide? Yeah, the idea that comprehending the entirety of the universe will make you go insane isn't without merit.
---
Controllati
I am having....a boy. :D